BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the Evolve tubular headers installed, and have been trying (to no avail) install the Evolve Stage 3 tune (see pic)!

I keep getting the "Unable to Find USB Device" error! :dunno:

I've tried 2 different laptops (one with Windows 7, and the other with Windows 8) but get the SAME message!

I'm on my last nerve! :grrrr::1zhelp::grrrrr::sad1::mad:grrrrrrr:reallypissed::reallypissed::reallypissed:

Already emailed Imran at Evolve, but probably won't hear back from him until later tonight (due to the time difference).

BTW, I am using the most recent update file (ie, Evolve-R 9 July 2014).

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
2,149 Posts
I had this happen to me a few times.. Uninstall the evolve software, everything.. Restart the computer...

Google how to disable driver signature... Once you have disabled driver signature, re-download the software again, and make sure when installing the usb driver you follow the direction and plug in the usb cable when it says to.

That worked for me anyways.. It happened out of no where.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Try what Senad suggested. But here is what is showing up as driver details for my Evolve-R cable, also running the July 2014 Evolve-R software on Windows 7 64bit.

I've also zipped up the associated files in their respective folders in case you wanted to try them (I'd check to make sure you have those files first). Odd you're having this issue as this is the first I've heard of such a thing.

Your USB cable is plugged in when you're installing the software, yes?

Attachments

Reactions: 5soko and DocsV10

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I had this happen to me a few times.. Uninstall the evolve software, everything.. Restart the computer...

Google how to disable driver signature... Once you have disabled driver signature, re-download the software again, and make sure when installing the usb driver you follow the direction and plug in the usb cable when it says to.

That worked for me anyways.. It happened out of no where.
Worked like a charm! Thanks for saving the day! :M5launch:

Attachments

Reactions: cfrishman and 5soko

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Let's run! :biggrinbounce:

Reactions: DocsV10

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll definitely post a review soon along with pics, videos, and post-headers dyno.

The sound is absolutely amazing! At cold-start, it literally sounds like a race car; at WOT, it sounds like a stroker/supercar.

I can effortlessly break traction at around 70-80mph.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts