BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. so the time is quickly arriving that I buy a tune for my M5.. My questions is which one is ACTUALLY better? I want facts people! They both boast around the same numbers over stock.. anyone have some proven dyno numbers or has a BPM owner run an Evolve-R owner? Would love to see some info on this. I'd love to hear input from both companies too, I know you're on here!

·
Registered
975 Posts
why is this still even brought up....seems the search button broke...

·
Registered
631 Posts
Go with BPM-few have ever heard of them, and despite the overwhelming accolades for evolve, which can be searched, go with BPM.
The reason to go with BPM is because no one has heard of them and their competitor has overwhelming accolates? :confused3

I just bought my Evolve-R tune, I'll let you know how it is once I get it flashed. :cheers:

·
Read Only
1,256 Posts
As has been said many times before, very few instances of back to back tune tests on the same vehicle exist - only an ESS to Evolve or Dinan to Evolve that I can think of. So "facts" just aren't available.

OP, search and read each persons impressions is all you can do.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I believe he was joking..

Thank you-yes, I was kidding around. I love my Evolve tune and intakes and would not change them for the world as they have transformed my car. Its been said many times on this forum, and there have been many examples of converting to Evolve from other tunes and I am one of those.
Although I have never heard of the BPM tune, that probably doesn't mean much. What should matter is the numerous testimonies to high degrees of performance and satisfaction from many others on this forum. I have spent money on other tunes and products and been disappointed in comparison.
Bill

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Well how I look at is Evolve owns their own dyno, E60 M5, and has done their own testing. I know BPM had and sold their E60 M5 and they are really big on the E9X M3 scene with good reviews. I'm not aware of them owning a dyno or doing any performance testing as they specialize in coding, etc. I just would rather get a tune from someone who has done testing and developed products on their own test car.

Not sure if I would feel comfortable buying a tune from someone who just does coding and doesn't do any performance testing. Not saying anything bad about BPM at all as I know their tunes for the E9X M3 has been successful along with Evolve. But one would ask where did their tuning come from if they don't have the equipment to test?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Thank you-yes, I was kidding around. I love my Evolve tune and intakes and would not change them for the world as they have transformed my car. Its been said many times on this forum, and there have been many examples of converting to Evolve from other tunes and I am one of those.
Although I have never heard of the BPM tune, that probably doesn't mean much. What should matter is the numerous testimonies to high degrees of performance and satisfaction from many others on this forum. I have spent money on other tunes and products and been disappointed in comparison.
Bill
Ah, you just never know if it's internet sarcasm or if someone really is that... strange. :blink:

·
Registered
691 Posts
I tested 3 tunes autologic, Eurocharged and evolve. Eurocharge was the slowest autologic was better and I now have evolve alpha n with intakes. All 3 tunes were Dyno tested and street tested with my friends c63 p31. Actually my friend with the c63 just recently had his tune updated by eurocharge v5 and he's closer but I still pull away :).

·
2,149 Posts
I will vote evolve, i love mine! Issue free, powerful, consistent.. No complaints and im very picky. BPM is more popular on the M3 forums, but i believe evolve rules the E92 M3 tuning aswell, like the M5 world.

I tested 3 tunes autologic, Eurocharged and evolve. Eurocharge was the slowest autologic was better and I know have evolve alpha n with intakes. All 3 tunes were Dyno tested and street tested with my friends c63 p31. Actually my friend with the c63 just recently had his tune updated by eurocharge v5 and he's closer but I still pull away :).
I have read your write ups and seen your video! Good stuff man, comparison like those helps the board.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Reactions: Mcc420

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
there's a search button? wow crazy i had no idea.

For those of you who are telling me to search.. clearly nothing turned up with a true comparison between these two.. thus the thread. From what I HAVE searched these two tunes yielded the highest regard by users.. So I asked. There seem to be a lot of Evolve fanboys here so that's good I suppose. I'll still wait and hope for someone who has experience with both, or has at least had the chance to compare them in some way shape or form, instead of trolls telling me to use the search button.

For those of you with ACTUAL input, I thank you. Never a dull moment with BMW owners.. we're all a bunch of assholes. LOL.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts