BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have driving now with Evolve powermap about a two months and today i got the Alpha-N.
I thought that i share some impressions with you who is considering powermapping.

Evolve powermap without Alpha-N:

Mapping itself is pretty simple and fast process. Took Raikku about 5minutes to map my car after Sal made my custom map.
First impression was like WOOHOAA! Wheelspin, wheelspin! Force was brutal what you can get with mapping.
Pedal response was spot on, jerkyness was gone. Have driving since mapping allways sport mode on, before it really felt somehow wrong and
like it do not belong to M5.
Nice thing is that it really pulls whole rev range strong and smooth.
I have enjoining more how car feels and respond to throttle than horsepower.

Adding Alpha-N

We add Evolve Alpha-N today to my car, throttle is now even smoother than with powermapping. It responds really even and smooth.
When you floor it in low rpm it keeps going and going and going.
If i would not go with Alpha-N i would have to buy new maf sensors, luckily now i can throw them out.

Overall

If you are really thinking to add smoothness and power to your car i recommend Evolve Remap and Alpha-N.
Its incredible how mutch you can change your car personality with software. Next thing with Alpha-N is that i have to buy
temperature relocation kit. Then it will work 100% perfectly.
Big thanks to Sal who made my maps and to Raikku who mapped my car!

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
My beast! :M5launch:

Just wonder what headers will make!!! Waiting!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Thanks for the info! It's good to hear yet another success story.

·
Registered
147 Posts
+1
I got a few rides in Burnouts car during the weekend and can guarantee the car pulls like a freight train. Before AlphaN it was already noticeably quicker than my car with the powermap.

After the AlphaN the power is much smoother and there was no jerkyness any more. This made for some nice high G exit ramp accelerations because there was no problem adjusting the power during and out of the corners. Also, my neck is still sore from several 3rd gear pulls on the freeway :) When he put the hammer down there is absolutely no hesitation, BAM and it is full power. Biggest difference is throttle control, which is instantaneous now.

Very nice car, very nice guy. Thanks Burnout_187 :M5launch:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Am interested in getting the Evolve AlphaN + remap in due course - think my MAF's are on their way out, cleaned them this weekend and they've improved but I understand it's only a temporary fix...

Burnout, is your car stock otherwise? Also, when you say Sal did a map for you, I'd understood that the remap you get with AlphaN was a standard remap - is it in fact custom-prepared for the engine?

Cheers!

O.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Welcome to the club! I know you'll enjoy it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
thanks for the update, am seriously considering this soon but want to sort my brakes out first, sounds like one of those mods that just makes you permenantly smile.......

·
Company Representative for Evolve Automotive
3,068 Posts
Am interested in getting the Evolve AlphaN + remap in due course - think my MAF's are on their way out, cleaned them this weekend and they've improved but I understand it's only a temporary fix...

Burnout, is your car stock otherwise? Also, when you say Sal did a map for you, I'd understood that the remap you get with AlphaN was a standard remap - is it in fact custom-prepared for the engine?

Cheers!

O.
There is no real need to customise mapping for each individual car with a target based ECU.

If and when you do decide to go for the mapping we will explain everything in detail.

Custom mapping is only required for cars with custom modifications.

We develop our changes based on a good known car to start with and then use the same changes on all stock cars.

Cars with headers will have different changes and cars with cams have massive changes over the stock car file.

In the early days we did sit on the dyno trying to squeeze power out of each and every different car due to customers asking us to and it makes very very little difference.

When you begin to understand the parameters we are changing you will not want us to custom map every car.

The point is not to squeeze every last HP from the car and to actually leave lots of headroom in for safety.... which I am sure everyone would prefer to keep.

·
3,068 Posts

·
3,068 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Get the cable back Mike.

You will be totally blown away with the latest version. If you think what you have have now is good then you are in for a very big surprise!
Well, rumor had it the cable was heading in this direction, but I don't know where it is at the moment. Perhaps you or Raikku could email or PM me a timeframe?

·
3,068 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
There is no real need to customise mapping for each individual car with a target based ECU.

If and when you do decide to go for the mapping we will explain everything in detail.

Custom mapping is only required for cars with custom modifications.

When you begin to understand the parameters we are changing you will not want us to custom map every car.

The point is not to squeeze every last HP from the car and to actually leave lots of headroom in for safety.... which I am sure everyone would prefer to keep.
Perfect, that's what I thought (hence my question to Burnout as to whether his car is stock). Mine is plain vanilla so am sure your standard tune would be just fine. Quite fancy a trip to see you in Bedfordshire at some point, but have the small matter of funding a wedding and a 3 week honeymoon at the moment so will be in touch with you once the pain from that has subsided! hmmm :hihi:

Incidentally, I went on your site the other day to check details / prices and the E39 section doesn't have any detail in it - is your site in the course of being updated or something? I see it has a new look so presume that's the case.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question anyway!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Get the cable back Mike.

You will be totally blown away with the latest version. If you think what you have have now is good then you are in for a very big surprise!
Uh, sounds nice... I am still missing my software. Lets hope that Raikku can download my old one tomorrow and then you have time to work new one for me.
Your "promise" of the newest version did make me very curious :biggrin:

·
Registered
524 Posts
What's the plan with the brakes?
not quite sure yet Sal, obv would like the big brake kit but that would be more of an asthetic thing as I'd never utilise the full capacity of them and of course budget drives everything. Was considering discs / pads / hoses and new fluid, been reading a bit and found a few posts about the OEM discs being very capable with the right pads due to the size of the OEM disc, will do some more reading before I progress. I am sure that this is something I have to do prior to messing about with power and driveability tho.........would feel rather daft if I ploughed it into a tree after spending money on performance mods and ignoring the brakes..............

·
3,068 Posts
not quite sure yet Sal, obv would like the big brake kit but that would be more of an asthetic thing as I'd never utilise the full capacity of them and of course budget drives everything. Was considering discs / pads / hoses and new fluid, been reading a bit and found a few posts about the OEM discs being very capable with the right pads due to the size of the OEM disc, will do some more reading before I progress. I am sure that this is something I have to do prior to messing about with power and driveability tho.........would feel rather daft if I ploughed it into a tree after spending money on performance mods and ignoring the brakes..............
The AP brakes are a good investment even if it may seem very expensive at first.

Was one of the first upgrades done on our car.

Performance Friction need to come up with a set of Z rated pads for these cars. This would work very well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts