This unfortunatelyhaving no stock cat option and a higher price then the SS deal is probably what is keeping this GB from getting as many people to join in.
$3504 for headers and cats or $2781 for headers and decat pipes is not as good a deal as $2k shipped for SS with stock cat connecting pipes.
Not to bicker, but it remains unclear if there will be an additional cost for the stock cat option, correct?They decided they would do a stock cat production run if at least 5 people wanted those, which we have already met. See the actual GB thread. $2500 vs. $2000 is pretty damn reasonable I think.
I don't think so... That's probably why they wanted a minimum 5 people on that option. An extra charge for stock cat fitment would kind of defeat the purpose since you could just buy the Evolve cat version and pay your exhaust guy $300 to fab connecting pipes.Not to bicker, but it remains unclear if there will be an additional cost for the stock cat option, correct?
They already said that they are going to fab STOCK CAT headers if they had five confirmed orders, so that part is a go already.
IMO the biggest issue is that evolve has been pretty hands off with answering questions like this, in the thread ??
Hope we make it to ten, as to me with the stock cat option these are the better deal IMO. But money is money, and so is timing. the SS GB was near 35+ confirmed buys, not sure there are enough e39 buyers left.
If it was my company, I'd open it up for all M5 models, offer a split down payment option ($500 up front), final payment due on ship date, and drop ship them so US buyers don't have duty costs (okay I'm just being selfish now☺).
The payment terms, whatever Evolve decides needs to be better laid out, for the on the fence buyer to decide. This is a lot of money , I'd recon it would lively up interest a tad more.
Hi,Two more questions
On the basis that a tune is ideally required to get the most out of this, how much are we looking at for the manifolds & tune with the 10% discount?
Are you also able to carry out the cutting & welding for an additional fee if I van my exhaust down to your workshop?
I don't mind waiting. Shall I join the GB and pay the deposit as everyone else?Hi,
we can most certainly fit the system for you.
Tuning really does maximise the headers (all good types).
Total cost to you would be £2300 inc VAT.
Only problem… no RHD headers available for few months. In production but scheduled after all of the LHD headers.
I'm certain you can easily unload the SS as there have been several people who have posted regret missing the Group Buy. Post in the general forum and you will get bites. Better hurry before others get smart, too.I wish I had got in on this Group buy instead of the SS deal. Anyone interested in a trade?