BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Because of the large interest in the Evolve Medusa headers, Alex and I have contacted Evolve UK to start a group buy.

As from yesterday the group by for the Evolve Medusa headers have been opened. You can join in via this link

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/m5-e39-group-buy-forum-sponsor-discussion-offerings/360114-evolve-automotive-medusa-header-group-buy.html

Various options are offered, so have a look.

Details Group Buy:

Medusa headers $ 2300 + $205 shipping to USA

£1680 inc VAT for EU + Shipping

Add either:

Evolve 200 Cell cats $999 (shipping included if buying headers)

£720 inc VAT for EU

Or Decat $276

£200 inc VAT for EU

Lead time is about 8 weeks.

We need name, RHD or LHD, Sport CAT or Decat.

There is no date set yet when this group buy will end.

Reactions: blackxs

·
Registered
554 Posts
Have a case of the Mondays? What better cure is there than MOAR POWER!! Head on over to the header GB thread and sign up today!

·
Registered
261 Posts
^You on their pay roll or something?

Evolve missed the boat on this one. Going on 5 days with the group buy open and they don't have 10 confirmed interested parties yet.

SuperSprint made out like a bandit.

·
Registered
554 Posts
No, I just want to make sure the GB goes through and I get my headers. :( I don't think they so much missed the boat as they probably negotiated lower production costs from SS, but only so long as they're GB didn't directly compete.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
having no stock cat option and a higher price then the SS deal is probably what is keeping this GB from getting as many people to join in.

$3504 for headers and cats or $2781 for headers and decat pipes is not as good a deal as $2k shipped for SS with stock cat connecting pipes.

·
Registered
381 Posts
having no stock cat option and a higher price then the SS deal is probably what is keeping this GB from getting as many people to join in.

$3504 for headers and cats or $2781 for headers and decat pipes is not as good a deal as $2k shipped for SS with stock cat connecting pipes.
This unfortunately :(

The SS deal was superb, and means we're really comparing $2K to $3.5K as shown - I don't consider de-cats a viable option.

·
Registered
554 Posts
They decided they would do a stock cat production run if at least 5 people wanted those, which we have already met. See the actual GB thread. $2500 vs. $2000 is pretty damn reasonable I think.

·
Registered
694 Posts
They decided they would do a stock cat production run if at least 5 people wanted those, which we have already met. See the actual GB thread. $2500 vs. $2000 is pretty damn reasonable I think.
Not to bicker, but it remains unclear if there will be an additional cost for the stock cat option, correct?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Not to bicker, but it remains unclear if there will be an additional cost for the stock cat option, correct?
I don't think so... That's probably why they wanted a minimum 5 people on that option. An extra charge for stock cat fitment would kind of defeat the purpose since you could just buy the Evolve cat version and pay your exhaust guy $300 to fab connecting pipes.

·
Registered
532 Posts
They already said that they are going to fab STOCK CAT headers if they had five confirmed orders, so that part is a go already.

IMO the biggest issue is that evolve has been pretty hands off with answering questions like this, in the thread ??

Hope we make it to ten, as to me with the stock cat option these are the better deal IMO. But money is money, and so is timing. the SS GB was near 35+ confirmed buys, not sure there are enough e39 buyers left.

If it was my company, I'd open it up for all M5 models, offer a split down payment option ($500 up front), final payment due on ship date, and drop ship them so US buyers don't have duty costs (okay I'm just being selfish now☺).

The payment terms, whatever Evolve decides needs to be better laid out, for the on the fence buyer to decide. This is a lot of money , I'd recon it would lively up interest a tad more.

·
Company Representative for evolve automotive
852 Posts
The price will be the same for either cat or stock cat option.

Otherwise we would have listed an extra price for this option.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Company Representative for Evolve Automotive
3,068 Posts
They already said that they are going to fab STOCK CAT headers if they had five confirmed orders, so that part is a go already.

IMO the biggest issue is that evolve has been pretty hands off with answering questions like this, in the thread ??

Hope we make it to ten, as to me with the stock cat option these are the better deal IMO. But money is money, and so is timing. the SS GB was near 35+ confirmed buys, not sure there are enough e39 buyers left.

If it was my company, I'd open it up for all M5 models, offer a split down payment option ($500 up front), final payment due on ship date, and drop ship them so US buyers don't have duty costs (okay I'm just being selfish now☺).

The payment terms, whatever Evolve decides needs to be better laid out, for the on the fence buyer to decide. This is a lot of money , I'd recon it would lively up interest a tad more.

Well said.

We do need to be here and discussing.

So, payment options on group buys have now changed. We take a small deposit which is usually close to $200.
The final payment is taken just before delivery.

The headers have two types of down pipe sets:

The ones on the left are for welding to stock CAT's and the ones on the right are for connecting to high flow CAT's from us.

We stopped selling the stock CAT downpipes some time back because the majority of people only wanted a DeCAT or wanted to use the headers with either our high flow cats or ones they have made themselves.

Many people also had the down pipes modified to fit their stock CAT's.

It is important to understand that even connecting these to the stock CAT's requires welding due to the common knowledge of the exhaust being one piece.

Due to the lack of demand of the stock CAT down pipe we ask for a minimum of 5 orders.

·
Registered
694 Posts
The price will be the same for either cat or stock cat option.

Otherwise we would have listed an extra price for this option.
Thanks for the clarification.

I run decat anyway, just making sure others who have PM'd me know the total cost involved.

·
Company Representative for Evolve Automotive
3,068 Posts
Two more questions ;)

On the basis that a tune is ideally required to get the most out of this, how much are we looking at for the manifolds & tune with the 10% discount?

Are you also able to carry out the cutting & welding for an additional fee if I van my exhaust down to your workshop?
Hi,

we can most certainly fit the system for you.

Tuning really does maximise the headers (all good types).

Total cost to you would be £2300 inc VAT.

Only problem… no RHD headers available for few months. In production but scheduled after all of the LHD headers.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wish I had got in on this Group buy instead of the SS deal. Anyone interested in a trade?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi,

we can most certainly fit the system for you.

Tuning really does maximise the headers (all good types).

Total cost to you would be £2300 inc VAT.

Only problem… no RHD headers available for few months. In production but scheduled after all of the LHD headers.
I don't mind waiting. Shall I join the GB and pay the deposit as everyone else?

I assume fitting isn't included in the £2300. I'm ok to fit it - I just can't weld.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wish I had got in on this Group buy instead of the SS deal. Anyone interested in a trade?
I'm certain you can easily unload the SS as there have been several people who have posted regret missing the Group Buy. Post in the general forum and you will get bites. Better hurry before others get smart, too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts