BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i installed the Evolve Longtube Headers for the S85 Engine yesterday.

It tooked around 6-8 hours to install them. (i did this job a lot of times over 40 times) , same as Bearing rod replacement (axle down etc.) )

The installation was good and the fitment too, but you need to adjust some parts ! The heat shilds and the engine bearing is very difficult to install. (i will show detail pictures)

The pipes from the headers is so big that the installation is not easy (you need small fingers ) :)

The quality is very very good, the best headers in the market . I installed Agency Header, Powersprint Headers and Meisterschaft headers but they can not reach the qualitiy like the Supersprint / Evolve Headers.

Supersprint say that you can install the headers with not put down the axle , i want to see how they do it ;) ... for me its better to work with putting the axle a little bit down and you got a lot of more space to work

So here are some Pictures from the installation

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Nice! They look awesome. Such a quality product. What's your initial impression on the performance? Sound?

Reactions: lightwerkz

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey ,

i drive tomorrow with the car , here in munich its raining hard..

Sound does change a little bit but not like Evosport Headers ..

I will do some test runs with performance Box and Dyno the car again.
This will be a nice compare to my old decatted stock headers ;)

We will see !

·
Company Representative for Evolve Automotive
3,068 Posts
Sound does change a little bit but not like Evosport Headers ..
Thanks for the detailed install pics! Looks like you enjoyed it :)

Thank you so much for pointing out to people the sound does not change that much and especially nothing like the V8 sound (which we have nothing against) of the EvoSport headers.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi ;)

So a Little update Drove today .

The power difference between decatted Headers is big (you will feel it Over 5000 Rpm) there is so much more power !

The difference between The evosport Headers and The evolve longtube is in The middle rpm range ! 4000-6500 The evolve Headers are better ! In higher rpm its The Same . But The feeling and The Sound is better !

Will do some pbox Runs next week .

Greez Stefan

·
Registered
559 Posts
Looking good waiting for the updates

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Will make some Sound Videos too !

Sound is very good !! Still a v10 !

With the Evosport headers the sound does change into this (was my car too )
When i want a sound like this i dont must drive a V10 ... i should by a C63 amg .. sorry but the sound is not good !

Stock decatted headers:
M5 e60 esd Mod dshan - YouTube

Evosport Headers:
M5 e60 exhaust Headers - YouTube

Evolve Longtube:

In making :p

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
i'm SO interested in headers lately. they are so damn sexy. might just buy a set to hang on my wall as art and tell my wife it's for good luck.

dan

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
i'm SO interested in headers lately. they are so damn sexy. might just buy a set to hang on my wall as art and tell my wife it's for good luck.

dan
Dan, you should buy a set of LTH and then jet hot coat your stock headers and hang those on your wall. Much more good luck with that combo :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anybody else notice the welded in secondary second oil drain plug on the 6th pic from the top? Did you have any issues welding that plug in? Is that the method you use to replace the rod bearings by lifting the motor a bit and letting the support frame hang? The car sounds awesome and great pictures!

·
Company Representative for evolve automotive
852 Posts
so here a little movie from the dynorun yesterday with the tubelars ! all i can say is that there is a huge improvement than before (with the OEM Header decatted)
Will open a new thread soon ! With numbers greez stefan

M5 e60 dyno Evolve longtube Headers - YouTube
Nice Stefan. Look forward to a more detailed review. I did say they were an improvement over just de-catting the standard headers. :cool2:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks for the detailed install pics! Looks like you enjoyed it :)

Thank you so much for pointing out to people the sound does not change that much and especially nothing like the V8 sound (which we have nothing against) of the EvoSport headers.
I have absolutely NO desire to have that fantastic V10 sound turned into a V8 tone. If I did, I would have bought an E39. :7:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
STOP

With the Evolve Tubelars / Supersprint you still got a V10 Sound !

When you use evosport headers you got a V8 Sound like the movie i showed .

For all DIFFERENCE BETWEEN STOCK DECATTED HEADERS and the EVOLVE TUBELARS was 17 WHP on the same DYNO

Will show Dyno Sheets too ! In every rpm range the headers are better than stock decatted

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
here you see the difference in WHP between stock decatted headers and the longtubes !
When we make more changes in the ecu for the longtube the difference will be higher , wait few weeks ;))

the graph shows WHP and Engine Torque !

Look at the torque !! There is so much difference !

1 - 20 of 28 Posts