BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 821 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well folks, after a long and grueling wait, the mad scientists at the Evolve labs have finally finished the development on their new LHD 4-1 "Medusa" headers. The first production set will be finished next week and sold to yours truly. :) To get costs down for the entire m5board community, we need to get a group buy together. The goal here is 10 sets, but I think we can do much much more than that.

So, without further ado, let's get this started:

1. russap5

·
Registered
195 Posts
1. russap5
2. jrsuh85

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
1. russap5
2. jrsuh85
3. Nerio02
10.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message -->

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Also, is there a definitive power benefit over SS other than the ease if install with the SS?
there is another thread a few lines below this one where you can post questions about the validity of the headers, please keep posts in this thread limited to questions about the GB such as price, availability, etc.

That way we don't have to scroll through 25 pages to see what's going on with the GB. :typing:

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
*I'm not representing the seller in any way*

Cost depends on how many sign up for the group buy. From what has been said by Evolve, right now the cost is pegged between $2500-$2750. With 10 people it will most likely be around $2500, and continue to decrease as more sign up. (Sal, correct me if this is wrong)

·
Company Representative for Evolve Automotive
3,068 Posts
*I'm not representing the seller in any way*

Cost depends on how many sign up for the group buy. From what has been said by Evolve, right now the cost is pegged between $2500-$2750. With 10 people it will most likely be around $2500, and continue to decrease as more sign up. (Sal, correct me if this is wrong)
Thanks for starting something like this!

I will do some calculations next week.

I can say that it will be around $2500 but the ultimate price will all depend on the currency conversion. The last time I looked £1=$1.5 BUT.... the US dollar has become much weaker!

We are also going to suggest people do not pay using their credit card or paypal because the currency conversion is not very favourable.

We will not just keep the price good in £ but also offer advice on how to get the best currency conversion so the overall cost is kept as low as possible.

I will speak to the accountant and see if it's better we open a US dollars account to help you guys out.

Any suggestions will be taken on board.

·
Registered
245 Posts
What else do you need here? I saw some decent gains from just the headers alone, but what are the AFR's? With this much increased flow, won't the headers lean the engine out? Will we need to have a custom tune with them?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
What else do you need here? I saw some decent gains from just the headers alone, but what are the AFR's? With this much increased flow, won't the headers lean the engine out? Will we need to have a custom tune with them?
A remap is required to ensure proper AFR.

·
Registered
245 Posts
A remap is required to ensure proper AFR.
Which is the best option for a remap? As in who? I'm assuming we will have to wait for a few to get them, then have some custom tuning performed by vendor "x"?

·
Company Representative for Evolve Automotive
3,068 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
5.nurse

·
Registered
188 Posts
put me down for set.

·