BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I need some assistance troubleshooting my new installation of Evolve CF intakes. I got everything in last night and ended up with two warnings when I jumped back into the car; neither of which were there prior to this installation. The first is Engine Malfunction : reduced engine power. The second is Increased Emissions. I have a tune from Eurocharged. At this time I don't have any way to pull the codes. So I'm hoping for suggestions on what could be going on.

Note that I have unplugged the battery and re-tuned the ECU back to stock to see if that might help. No dice.

·
Registered
279 Posts
This^

Another possibility is due to handling of you MAFs you have created a premature failure.

I do believe it is a air sensor problem though.....

Just go Evolve Alpha-N and be done with it.

Reactions: lumi

·
Registered
395 Posts
This^

Another possibility is due to handling of you MAFs you have created a premature failure.

I do believe it is a air sensor problem though.....

Just go Evolve Alpha-N and be done with it.
check the MAFS are in correctly, and the plugs clipped into the mafs good.. Like was mentioned if you weren't careful with the MAFS, they malfunction and get damaged easily!

put the stock intakes back in & get RPI scoops and BMC filters.
What I see: Lose power, lose sound, stock ugly airboxes, and make, make believe power with no data to support increase in power, IAT's, flow etc.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Reactions: lumi

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hey folks, I need some assistance troubleshooting my new installation of Evolve CF intakes. I got everything in last night and ended up with two warnings when I jumped back into the car; neither of which were there prior to this installation. The first is Engine Malfunction : reduced engine power. The second is Increased Emissions. I have a tune from Eurocharged. At this time I don't have any way to pull the codes. So I'm hoping for suggestions on what could be going on.

Note that I have unplugged the battery and re-tuned the ECU back to stock to see if that might help. No dice.
I have 2 MAF sensors for sale if you're interested!

I have the Evolve alpha-n tune and don't need them anymore. Let me know!

·
Registered
13,470 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Any news on the problem ?

How would you go about erasing the codes ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I unplugged the MAF sensors and plugged them back in. First the Engine Malfunction : reduced engine power warning went away. Then I decided to drive it and shortly after I started driving the Increased Emissions warning went away. 25 minutes later and they didn't come back. Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to the thread. I'll post again if it happens again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I unplugged the MAF sensors and plugged them back in. First the Engine Malfunction : reduced engine power warning went away. Then I decided to drive it and shortly after I started driving the Increased Emissions warning went away. 25 minutes later and they didn't come back. Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to the thread. I'll post again if it happens again.
What are your first impressions of the intakes? I'm very interested in this kit.

·
Registered
975 Posts
put the stock intakes back in & get RPI scoops and BMC filters.
is the setup not what's claimed or just not that much diff from what's already available for way less money?

·
Registered
395 Posts
is the setup not what's claimed or just not that much diff from what's already available for way less money?
I believe he was just joking with the OP.. The evolve intakes are the most developed and tested intake setup for this car that has ever been made.. They look, sound, and perform..

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What are your first impressions of the intakes? I'm very interested in this kit.
The first thing you notice is the much more sensitive throttle. When you get above ~3,500 revs with the engine under load you'll be grinning ear-to-ear. It's an absolutely intoxicating sound. It took me a couple of days to get it installed since my wife and I just moved into a new house. She had previously given me a hard time for spending "so much money" on something like this. Well, we went for a drive Saturday night with the windows down. Shifting from first to second at full throttle at about 7,000 revs I look over at her and she says, "holy ****, the car finally sounds the way it feels when it accelerates."

The wife couldn't keep her hands off me when we got home. So, apparently the Evolve intakes are a female aphrodisiac. mmmmmm

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
.. and the induction sound from the Evolve intakes is the female mating call noise..

:haha:

Yes - aside from the time spent data logging IAT's, Ignition targets, HP and Torque figures, we also logged female hormonal levels vs sound frequency and optimised the tone of the induction for maximum aphrodisiac effect :grinyes:

Word of warning however: although our intake kit improves your car's performance, it might not have the same affect
on your own performance afterwards........... :haha2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts