BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Are the "other" tuners you mention simply re-boxing BMW's euro SMG tune into their own flash and marketing it as "faster, crisper, super duper" SMG tune, or are they actually customizing the tune further with their own parameters and putting their own touch into it?
They say its the DME only and not the the SMG module.

·
m5board.com Site Sponsors
195 Posts
Are the "other" tuners you mention simply re-boxing BMW's euro SMG tune into their own flash and marketing it as "faster, crisper, super duper" SMG tune, or are they actually customizing the tune further with their own parameters and putting their own touch into it?
We are actually modifying SMG tables directly, not simply adding the Euro SMG. Euro SMG can be added in addition but what we are doing is different than that.

Chris

·
Registered
599 Posts
Haven't update this thread in a while.

Apologies for the instagram screen shot. We are waiting on some DRF files so we can post proper graphs but you get the idea. We've had a few cars make just over 500 WHP on a dynojet but this is the first that we know of that has been tested with the Eventuri Intakes too which would account for the highest figure we have seen to date.

516 WHP with Evolve LTH, Evolve Stage 3 Tune and Eventuri Intakes.

Untitled by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

The owner of this car (M6nyc on instgram) has made a video of this car vs a car with the same set up except the other car had decatted stock headers. Demonstrates the real world difference between LTH and decatted stock quite well.

For what it's worth you may recall my SMG M5 dynoed at 508 whp with Evolve headers, FMU tune, FMU velocity stacks, exhaust dumps and an RPI pulley on a more conservative (some say more than 5%) DynoDynamics dyno. So what's that on a Dynojet? 530 whp? It ran 11.50s at 124 in the 1/4 and 151 in the Chicago half mile.

Reactions: DocsV10
P
0 Posts
For what it's worth you may recall my SMG M5 dynoed at 508 whp with Evolve headers, FMU tune, FMU velocity stacks, exhaust dumps and an RPI pulley on a more conservative (some say more than 5%) DynoDynamics dyno. So what's that on a Dynojet? 530 whp? It ran 11.50s at 124 in the 1/4 and 151 in the Chicago half mile.
A lot of shops in the US that use Dyno Dynamics add a correction factor in to get close to Dynojet figures so without having a Dynojet figure it wouldn't be prudent to guess. :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
A lot of shops in the US that use Dyno Dynamics add a correction factor in to get close to Dynojet figures so without having a Dynojet figure it wouldn't be prudent to guess. :)
Really, Paul? I'm trying to give credit where credit is due by plugging your headers so why can't you simply do the same like your predecessor has done in the past instead of dismissing my comments as guesses?

While dyno results do vary DDs almost always read lower than DJs and my shop, FluidMotorUnion, doesn't pointlessly use a correction factor simply to mimic a DJ. Besides what really matters and what doesn't vary are track results and my verified time slips fully support my DD dyno numbers. Please show me quicker drag strip documented ETs and faster trap speeds for a similar bolt-on only E60 dynoed on a DJ at over 500 whp. You can't because there aren't any which pretty much confirms my whp was at least as high as anyone else.

Sorry but I just thought you might have shown a little more respect for a valued customer who was probably the first (or close to the first) U.S. purchaser of your headers who has directed a lot of business your way. Remember the not one but two Italian earthquakes that delayed my order?

P
0 Posts
Really, Paul? I'm trying to give credit where credit is due by plugging your headers so why can't you simply do the same like your predecessor has done in the past instead of dismissing my comments as guesses?

While dyno results do vary DDs almost always read lower than DJs and my shop, FluidMotorUnion, doesn't pointlessly use a correction factor simply to mimic a DJ. Besides what really matters and what doesn't vary are track results and my verified time slips fully support my DD dyno numbers. Please show me quicker drag strip documented ETs and faster trap speeds for a similar bolt-on only E60 dynoed on a DJ at over 500 whp. You can't because there aren't any which pretty much confirms my whp was at least as high as anyone else.

Sorry but I just thought you might have shown a little more respect for a valued customer who was probably the first (or close to the first) U.S. purchaser of your headers who has directed a lot of business your way. Remember the not one but two Italian earthquakes that delayed my order?
Sorry Ken - my comments were not meant to dismiss yours in anyway. I apologise if it came across that way. Its just that we've seen lots of shops do this with dyno dynamics so wanted to mention it.

You are correct in saying the real world figures mean more than any dyno sheet and your car was very fast.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry Ken - my comments were not meant to dismiss yours in anyway. I apologise if it came across that way. Its just that we've seen lots of shops do this with dyno dynamics so wanted to mention it.

You are correct in saying the real world figures mean more than any dyno sheet and your car was very fast.
Paul, Im driving a 06 e60 m5. Highly considering decatting my headers to retain that true v10 sound, as well as doing an evolve tune. Will the tune delete the code i will receive when the cats are deleted? Any personal experience what I should expect to make WHP with decatted stock headers and Evolve tune?

Thank you,

P
0 Posts
Paul, Im driving a 06 e60 m5. Highly considering decatting my headers to retain that true v10 sound, as well as doing an evolve tune. Will the tune delete the code i will receive when the cats are deleted? Any personal experience what I should expect to make WHP with decatted stock headers and Evolve tune?

Thank you,
Depends on what your car is running at the moment and what fuel you use but would expect a gain of around 40-50 WHP with both modifications. Yes it keeps the CEL for the cat delete off.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Thank you,
what decat are you looking to run?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Evolve - Is your tune compatible with the DINAN Throttle Bodies?
I have currently have their S3 tune and wondering if I would see some more power with an Evolve tune?

141 - 154 of 154 Posts