BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Company Representative for evolve automotive
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #121

The digital rpm scale starting with the green over yellow to the red rpm scale in the head up display. This is working properly like stock.
The only thing is that the blinking of the shift lights, which signalizes normally the perfect gear switching moment at 8.250 rpm is not working anymore. The digital rpm scale just went red goes higher and higher to the end of the scale but without the blinking at 8.250 rpm.

The question is, is it possible to have the blinking shift lights as it was stock at 8.250 or 8.300 rpm with an increased rpm limiter at 8.500 rpm?
It would be very helpful to have that signal back, because keeping the rpm higher than 8.300 rpm does not make so much sense to me because the torque of the S85 is falling quick after 8.000 rpm. I tested to shift at 8.500 rpm but my performance box times were worse than shifting at 8.250 rpm.

Kind regards and thank you very much!
Lennart
The shift lights work with the new RPM limiter. I am unsure we can alter their operation. I can check but I do not believe this is possible.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
DME has an internal MAP sensor. I was wondering the same until I looked at the wiring diagram.
Ok so what about the IAT? , i wonder because my stock m5 when is cooler outside feels a lot faster than when its hot. Does the aftermarket tune react the same way? Does it retard timing to prevent detonation in hotter temps?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
IAT is part of the MAF sensor. And yes I feel the difference with hot and cold ambient temps, when I leave for work in the morning at 5am its 0deg C at the moment, coming home its 20deg C and there is a difference. DME should adjust just like a MAF tune.

With Alpha N tune they supply a new IAT sensor and block off plates, wire the IAT into the MAF wiring and your done. 2 wires.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
IAT is part of the MAF sensor. And yes I feel the difference with hot and cold ambient temps, when I leave for work in the morning at 5am its 0deg C at the moment, coming home its 20deg C and there is a difference. DME should adjust just like a MAF tune.

With Alpha N tune they supply a new IAT sensor and block off plates, wire the IAT into the MAF wiring and your done. 2 wires.
Thanks, i did not know there was a aftermarket IAT sensor used.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@EVOLVE:

Is it normal, that the oil temp slightly increases with your Stage 2 map?

Before I had oil temps while driving at lower speeds never higher than 105°C. Yesterday at just 21°C I had round about 110°C. Defintaly a little higher?!

Is that due to higher ignition timing?

Kind regards

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
852 Posts

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Imran,

Any plans on doing some SMG tuning incorporated with your engine tunes??
We do this one the E46 M3 so we will look into applying what we learnt from that car to see if we can do it on the M5/M6 as we have had a few customers enquiring.

·
852 Posts
P
0 Posts
Haven't update this thread in a while.

Apologies for the instagram screen shot. We are waiting on some DRF files so we can post proper graphs but you get the idea. We've had a few cars make just over 500 WHP on a dynojet but this is the first that we know of that has been tested with the Eventuri Intakes too which would account for the highest figure we have seen to date.

516 WHP with Evolve LTH, Evolve Stage 3 Tune and Eventuri Intakes.

Untitled by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

The owner of this car (M6nyc on instgram) has made a video of this car vs a car with the same set up except the other car had decatted stock headers. Demonstrates the real world difference between LTH and decatted stock quite well.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
we offer the euro smg tune for customer, other than that not much. Is there something specific you are looking for?
As development for the S85 engine has went further recently with other tuners, i.e fast attack, Brenspeed.

I was hoping Evolve would "evolve" their tuning to match competitors.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
As development for the S85 engine has went further recently with other tuners, i.e fast attack, Brenspeed.

please send me a pm. I will talk to the team about what enhancements we can make to our tunes to better serve our customers.

·
Registered
666 Posts

Are the "other" tuners you mention simply re-boxing BMW's euro SMG tune into their own flash and marketing it as "faster, crisper, super duper" SMG tune, or are they actually customizing the tune further with their own parameters and putting their own touch into it?

121 - 140 of 154 Posts