BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Company Representative for evolve automotive
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last year or so we have tuned many M5board members beasts (including some with our headers and tune) who have written reviews and carried out independent dyno's of the results. I have been busy compiling these and thought it would be a good idea to have them all in one place as a reference. I have included a quote from each customer from their reviews along with the actual review itself.

The first few reviews include dyno graphs customers have had carried out themselves.

We will continue to add reviews and dyno's to this thread. If any other customers have reviews please add them.

ALPINEMSIX

Dinan Stage 2 vs Evolve Stage 2 Alpha N ECU Tune

"After $ a bunch of money invested into this beast; I can pretty much say I am done with modding it. I love everything about it."

Review Thread

Independent Dyno Chart

M6Cabrio

Stock vs Evolve ECU Tune

"I can't say enough good things about Evolve and their team!! I just had the tune done and I am completely shocked to be honest. I didn't think a tune could do much on this V10, but WOW was I wrong!!! It literally pulls the front end up now and I can definitely feel it's lighter under full acceleration now on the front end where it wasn't like that before."

Review Thread

Independent Dyno Graph

Anon

Evolve Stage 2 on Maha Dyno - no other modifications

"Here’s my car dynoed on Maha3000LPS which is known in my city to give very accurate readings.
I’m more than happy! :) And it is most powerful M5 E60 known in PL so far ! You should be proud too!"

Khyber

Stock vs Evolve ECU Tune

"It would pull harder & faster, the 8600rpm rev limiter really changed the dynamics of the car; I can drive the car in the canyons not having to worry about getting cut off at 8250. The motor felt like it had more vigor. It was almost like I gave the beast some adrenaline to wake up. I was so amazed by the tune I was scared I was feeling a placebo affect. Two weeks later I put the stock tune back on the car. The car felt like I was lugging dead weight around. It was like taking away the drugs, I wanted my Evolve tune back. Don’t get me wrong, the car is fast with the stock tune but the Evolve tune just makes the S85 pull so much harder and feel more like a butterfly than a slug."

Review Thread

Independent Dyno Graph

KenL

Other ECU tune vs Evolve Stage 3 Tune (baseline already has Evolve Tubular Headers)

"So am I happy with a dyno gain of 57 whp on a properly dialed-in dyno? Duh, yes. Do I understand that the time slips are really all that matters? Yes but I won't have that data until next weekend. The hp and torque curves were both smoother and, oh yeah, displaced nicely upwards. Road testing showed the power to come on earlier and similarly was much smoother with enough wheelspin, albeit controllable pretty much in a straight line so I know there was more power working."

Review Thread

Independent Dyno Graph

Guess55

Evolve Tubular Headers and Evolve Stage 3

Review Thread

Independent Dyno Graph

randywei

Dinan vs Evolve ECU Tune

"Pretty much INSTANTLY I could feel much more power throughout the entire band. There was definitely a much stronger pull in the the lower RPM's, which the Dinan tune lacked in. I felt that the Dinan tune only improved throttle response significantly after 4k RPM, but the Evolve Stage 1 tune gave me better throttle response all throughout, even better response than the Dinan after 4k RPM. I had not even pressed the M button yet so I decided to hit the on-ramp to the freeway. Pressed that favorite button of mine with my right thumb and WHOOSH away the car went."

Review Thread

TZ04XJR

Stock vs Evolve Stage 2 ECU Tune

"First gear rolls are ridiculous! RPM's pick up much quicker. You better be sure to watch your revs or you will easily over rev the motor.
Mid range power has substantially improved. 3-4k RPM actually has power!!"

Review Thread

Markie

"Car feels more responsive through the gears and feels a lot stronger especially when pulling from a low rev / high gear scenario."

Review Thread

SuckaGDog

Stock vs Evolve ECU Tune

"Second part I like besides the additional power is the increased throttle sensitivity and the increased low end power. P400 mode now you are actually able to pass cars without having to hit the "Power" or "M" button. All my friends are amazed at the difference what a simple tune/flash can do for our cars after riding in it. If you're contemplating on getting a tune, GET IT! if you have a craving for power like I do, this flash will satisfy it!"

Review Thread

M V10

"The way the car PULLS and the way it SOUNDS, I am totally positive that this thing about the tune and the sound as I noticed isn´t some placebo affect as member khyber said, the power and the sound of the engine is indeed much better and sounds much meaner, I loved the car before but this just made me love it even more!! That V10 is ART!!"

Review Thread

derkemi

"My first experience today when iam driving the car with the mod: No problems, no errors, everything works perfect. You can really feel that the car has more power over the whole band. Looking forward to the weekend to try it on the highway and post my experiences.

Thumbs UP for Evolve, really good tune!!"

Review Thread

Ahmed

Evolve Stage 2 ECU Tune

"With my current setup, the power deliver is almost instant and by the time 5000rpm kicks in, you've already gained some good momentum going through the power bands, that 5000rpm and above feels slightly stronger. The truth is, that the beast pulls way before that and keeps going stronger and stronger up to 8600rpm."

Review Thread

IM6

Evolve Stage 2 ECU Tune

"On the whole, this map is out the world. What a massive improvment on their own work. I cant see it getting any better honestly and if it does i will be very surprised. The car feels like its got a new belligerent soul blown into it...I feel like i have a new toy and looking for the smallest excuse to jump in the car."

Review Thread

335xi

Evolve Stage 2 ECU Tune

"The part-throttle driveability improvement alone is worth it. I mean, really, who drives at WOT all the time?"

[Review Thread

Kevinsford

Evolve Stage 2 Alpha N ECU Tune

"Evolve has a great product that works and I feel is definitely the way to go. This is an unbiased opinion that is based purely from my experience with them and my experience with another tuner. I have another thread on the board explaining some issues I was having with my previous Alpha N tune. I am happy to say that after installing the Evolve tune all of my issues went away and I am still running the same stock O2 sensors."

Review Thread

·
Registered
823 Posts
I wouldn't even drive my beast unless it was "Evolved" :blink:

Dyno in 106 degree temp on a DynoJet

Evolve-R Tune / RPi Scoops

Evolve-R Tune / RPi Scoops / Muffler Delete vs Stock 2012 CTS-V Automatic

Evolve-R Tune / RPi Scoops vs 2006 Viper SRT-10

Evolve-R Tune / RPi Scoops vs 2009 GTR w/ Mid Pipe & Mufflers (2 runs in this vid)

Evolve-R Tune / RPi Scoops vs 97' TT Supra Full BPU 18psi (Look at the flame it shoots @ :17)

Evolve-R Tune / RPi Scoops vs C6 Zo6 w/ Intake

Evolve-R Tune / RPi Scoops / Muffler Delete vs 997.1 TT 6-Speed w/ 200 Cell Race Cats, X-Pipe, Intercoolers, Softronic Tune 550+ HP.

Evolve-R Tune / RPi Scoops vs CLK63 AMG Black Series

·
Registered
559 Posts
i will try to dyno my car today to add my review to these guys

please if you have any instruction for the dyno please let me know

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will try to dyno my car today to add my review to these guys

please if you have any instruction for the dyno please let me know
Let me know which dyno you plan using and I will advise further.

·
852 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts

·
Company Representative for Evolve Automotive
3,068 Posts
i will be using dyno jet
As per my email:

make sure the inlet temps are nice and low before testing. You can ensure this is done by leaving the dyno fan on for a few mins and driving the car under light load on the dyno in 5th. The intake system will draw in the ambient air.

Then dyno 3 times with 30 second - 1 min gaps between the runs.

I am in the office all day so can make any adjustments if required.

Please send me the DRF files to analyse. In 1 hour we can do a lot!

·
Registered
559 Posts
good i am on my way

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would like to know what did a o8 m5 with rpi intak,e exhaust, pulley, and stock headers with cats delete, and your stage 3 software, do at the wheels thanks

·
Registered
599 Posts
Guys, I just saw this and since I was quoted I felt obligated to comment. First of all, a DJ dyno does NOT read 15 to 20 hp higher than a DD dyno. It reads about 10% higher! Secondly, stock E60 M5s only read 375 to 390 whp or so on a DD dyno; they read about 440 to 450 whp on a DJ, so 485 to 500 whp on a DJ with tubular headers and other little mods is not only believable but expected, particularly when DA is considered and which smoothing method is used. Third, I wasn't aware that our V10 engine in an M6 put out more power. How is this possible? It's exactly the same engine!! Fourth, Agency Power headers do not deliver as much power as Evolve tubular headers. Even if you don't buy the dyno charts, intuitively they can't because they are not as close to equal length primary tubes as the Evolves and their collector is less than optimal. Remember, the Evolves are a Supersprint design which has a long, proven history of delivering results that Agency's can only hope to duplicate.
Based on my personal experiences dynoing my car and more importantly backing it up with the only creditable performance data I have access to, namely 1/4 mile drag timeslips, I believe the dyno charts in this thread are consistent and representative of expected gains from the mods added.

·
852 Posts

·
852 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
any downsides to Evolve Tune

I have Short Shift on car -- putting on RPI Scoops / getting Turner Pulley next week

don't want to go to crazy since daily driver and used for work... thoughts on mods?

thanks guys!

·
Registered
253 Posts
[email protected] you have or can you custom tune specific to the mods I have on my E60 M5?

Currently have:
Supersprint headers
Full RPI GTS exhaust (sec 1, 2 and 3)
RPI scoop
BMC filter with charcoal delete and block-off plate
RPI pulley
RPI oil cooler

If so, where can I get it done? Im in Southern California (LA area)

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[email protected] you have or can you custom tune specific to the mods I have on my E60 M5?

Currently have:
Supersprint headers
Full RPI GTS exhaust (sec 1, 2 and 3)
RPI scoop
BMC filter with charcoal delete and block-off plate
RPI pulley
RPI oil cooler

If so, where can I get it done? Im in Southern California (LA area)
Hi

Yes our header tune will be suitable for your modifications and we can custom tune if required.

Our tunes are designed to be flashed by the end user so you can order from Welcome to Evolve - Premium Performance Upgrades The process is very straight forward.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts