BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:biggrin:

A very happy camper... Again!

Excellent and fast service from Evolve once again.

Intake serials nr 21 and 22. :happybirt

All parts arrived nicely and professionally packed.

Man these things are nice. Love the feel of the CF.

Old air boxes removed. Sorry for the dirty engine... :dunno:

New stuff installed. Everything went great, although the original air tubes that feed up air from the ducts in the front spoiler where not exactly easy to re-attach. Problem is the plastic is so soft that it deforms when trying to snap them back into place. This isn't Evolves fault though, as these are original car parts.

The sound while at idle isn't much different than before, which is good. Under load and after 5000rpm the car sounds like a very very angry beast! The sound is a huge improvement! It sounds very exotic, say Maserati. There's an unbelievably 5exy grunt to it, already at lower than 5000 rpm. Under acceleration the air boxes give that wonderful Carbon Fibre resonating sound.

The throttle response is also hugely improved. I'm running Alpha N on my car, and it's always been very fast to react compared to the standard MAFs, but now it is something else. This time the car feels as it had a racing engine in it. Blip the gas at higher rpms, and it is responding instantaneously to your inputs!

My car is now miles and miles better than when it was stock. I dread to drive a stock M5 now. :nono:

For the price of the intakes, this is a must to every M5! :haha:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Very cool! How come the air filter is red on yours while all the other setups I've seen are blue?

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,508 Posts
Nice, Andreas! I may have to take/make the leap for the Evolve set up! I hope you're doing well!

·
2,149 Posts
I hate these posts!! I need to get mine asap! They look so gorgeous and i need that sound!
This is the first time we have seen the red filters, and the radiator head blockers (square metal pieces)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Have you so far noticed any heat soak issues?

·
Registered
596 Posts
VERY nice! Waiting on mine to arrive.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Could you take some sound clips from the inside while accelerating both with the windows up and down?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll try and take some tomorrow or the day after, weather permitting...

All I have to record with is my iPhone, but maybe it will do...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Interested in hearing the sound as well.

·
Company Representative for evolve automotive
852 Posts
Congrats! Thanks for the feedback also. The sound and throttle response really need to be experienced for any V10 owner.

The filters are red as we specified a change in colour. Supplier is the same.

Here are some videos for those who have not seen them.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Never been a huge fan of expensive intakes, but this has me thinking again.. Thanks to Randy and others on here to mess things up for me again.

Dan

Reactions: randywei

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Congrats! Thanks for the feedback also. The sound and throttle response really need to be experienced for any V10 owner.

The filters are red as we specified a change in colour. Supplier is the same.

Here are some videos for those who have not seen them.

Maybe it's the vid but not really a fan of the outside noise. Almost sounds like something is rattling/wrong with the car in that oncoming video. Probably need to hear this in person.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Never been a huge fan of expensive intakes, but this has me thinking again.. Thanks to Randy and others on here to mess things up for me again.

Dan
Dan, my offer to test drive my car is still on the table.

I will, however, make you sign a contract that protects me from being blamed for any marriage trouble which may occur as a result of the test drive :p

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Dan, my offer to test drive my car is still on the table.

I will, however, make you sign a contract that protects me from being blamed for any marriage trouble which may occur as a result of the test drive :p
I thought my car was my wife. LOL jk.

I will take you up for your offer. Let's meet I'm ready.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I thought my car was my wife. LOL jk.

I will take you up for your offer. Let's meet I'm ready.
I need to get back to the west coast first hahaha. We will talk offline :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Can someone please post HP gain on this intake vs the cf delete scoop bmc setup? For those of us who dont want to make their car louder if its not faster. Thanks

1 - 20 of 230 Posts