BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I want to say a huge thank you to Bilal and Sal for all their help in the communication and ordering of these intakes. Customer service is very important to me and these two gentlemen are nothing short of extraordinary. I could not be happier with their speed of responding and answering my questions. And holy smokes, I could not believe how fast they were shipped out. I was expecting to wait another week or so. So thank you!

These intakes come packaged in a huge box with plenty of padding. Very professionally made and you can see the quality in the build.

I will post a review after installing them on wednesday and cant wait to see how they feel and sound!!

I would like to ask for those that have already installed them if they could provide me with any pointers on how to tackle the install. I'm sure my fingers will appreciate it and it will save me some time :hihi:

Finally, if you reside in the city of Chicago, you need not reply to this thread :byebye:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Too funny!!!

But please be careful... my box arrived with a ginormous wad of gum near the shipping label that nearly got into my MAFS so I encourage you to wash your hands frequently and observe all rules and regulations as issued from the Wrigley company regarding proper disposal, etc.
As I recall, the most rigorous portion of Jcolley's install was the lower scoops-a little tight and time consuming making the fit, and some latex surgical gloves helped protect his fingers.

Good luck and watch out for gum wads!!
Bill

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Lol you guys.

Open the dang box! :1:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Glad you got them safely!

The MAF gum must have helped protect the packaging during transit.

There is an instruction manual we have uploaded which you can print off. I will email the link to you in the morning.

As mentioned - the tricky part is re-installing the lower ducts once the lower scoops have been installed. One method we found useful was to click in the engine side of the duct first - then lever the other side in with a long flat head screwdriver (or your hands). Look down from the top to line it up with the brake duct.

Be sure to give us your opinions once installed - I'm pretty sure you're going to love the instant improvement in driveability!

A good quote from a customer which sums them up : "The intakes put soul into this clinical machine"

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW!! I just installed the intakes and WOW. I am blown away. I can say for sure there is an absolute gain on the low to mid range that I noticed right away. After letting the beast warm up, I let her rip and the sound was incredible. Mind you, I have the tubi rumore exhaust and was somewhat hesitant because I love the exhaust note so much by itself. It has now become, how do we say, a symphony?

If I had to do it again, I would forego the brake ducts and use as is. I could not for the life of me get them to snap back in and after about an hour and bloody, sore fingers, I gave up. Hopefully they don't flap around too much down there.

Also, unless I am an absolute moron, a few of the parts I think are designed for the M5 only as they did not fit my M6. I will have to email Evolve about that.

All in all, I am thrilled with the intakes and do not regret getting them.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Weapon RX
The mighty5 lives out by you...maybe you could give him a demo?
Bill
He didn't hear me screaming like a girl in Wednesday night through the hills. Yeah, mighty is more than welcome to hear. He will have to sign some disclaimer forms as I will not be responsible for any gummy MAF hazards that come as a result of it though. :M5launch:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts