BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What is Servotronic

Servotronic adjusts the amount of steering assistance to suit the current speed, lowering the effort needed to turn the steering wheel at low speeds and increasing it at higher speeds.
An electromagnetic valve controls the amount of force applied by the steering hydraulics, enabling precise steering that suits the driving situation. Conventional power steering systems, by contrast, regulate the power steering in relation to the engine's RPM.
The power assist progressively decreases when the vehicle speeds up, ensuring greater stability, improved precision and smoother vehicle behaviour.

The Evolve Servotronic Modification

Our customers are enthusiasts, and as such want more control over the steering feel.
In general they find the steering too light in Normal Mode and too heavy in Sport mode. To this end we have been able to recode the Servotronic area of the ECU.

The graph below highlights the difference in power assistance from the Normal/Sport modes:

What we are offering is:
Heavier, meatier steering in Normal mode (sport button off) without sensitive throttle - improving steering feel and accuracy
Slightly Lighter steering in Sport Mode (Sport Button On) with sensitive throttle.
Choose to increase feel on both settings, or just the one i.e. keep your Normal mode feel but increase Sport mode, or vice versa. Custom requests are catered for also.

And the best thing, for existing customers we are offering this upgrade ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Please email [email protected] with:
Subject line 'E39 Servotronic Upgrade'
Your last read data file
What settings you would like: Choice is Upgrade Both / Normal Only/ Sport Only

Files will be done on a first come, first served basis spread over 4-6 weeks.

This upgrade is immediately available as an optional extra on our tunes, click here to visit our store: BMW M5 E39 ECU Tune Stage 1 including Evolver remote flash tuning tool

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Email sent.

:)

·
Registered
264 Posts
This is awesome.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Pretty cool..
I want to try it just to try it.. But I like the heavy steering in sport mode and I NEVER (as in never ever) turn off sport mode.
Lol

·
Registered
12,769 Posts
Heavier, meatier steering in Normal mode (sport button off) without sensitive throttle - improving steering feel and accuracy
Slightly Lighter steering in Sport Mode (Sport Button On) with sensitive throttle.
This is really clever. Most people complain normal boost is too high and sport boost it too low. Here is the perfect compromise (and apparently not the only choice!).

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
File received.

Thanks!

:M5launch:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Should get it loaded tonight.

The instructions could use some refining.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Will do.

:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts