BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
It's not a bad car, I'm not a fan of the Impreza/EVO styling though. Large wings, vents etc. aren't really my style.

The FQ-400 has too much power for a 2 litre engine. I remember Clarkson saying that it needs servicing every 3000 miles which means it is a really expensive car to run as a daily driver. When you compare it to the E46 M3 the BMW looks the better proposition when you take into account price, performance and running costs. I'm sure the E90 M3 will be even better and not need as much maintenance to keep it on the road.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well in US we just get 1 motor for the EVO8 which is 276HP. Japan and UK get the nice stuff. You can mod a US spec EVO to 350-400 HP easy and not need any service every 3000 miles besides changing the oil. This is on 91 octane also and daily driven 15,000-20000 miles per year in So. Calif. Also we get 4 year warranty or 48,000 miles whatever is first, And free maintenance for term of warranty depending on when you bought your EVO during that promotion. Of course you cannot do a lot of mods or the dealer will void the warranty. For the money a nice well rounded rice rocket.

In USA BMW has free maintenance also for same term. I dont know if M3 is excluded from this, but overall costs to maintain and gas is more for M3. But yes i too would rather have the M3. Also the women will rather hop in the M3 vs. the EVO. :1:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts