BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a great 3 page article with Richter (Head of M Development) and Limmer (Test Driver) about the upcoming M's. There were seriously raving about the M6 and how it is going to blow the M5 away on the track. Limmer's time on the Ring in the M5 is 8.08 and he said it may be possible to be a full 7 seconds faster in the M6. Richter commented that when the M6 is on sale people will be comparing it to cars costing £100K more, cars like the Ferrari 612 and 575.

I will post scans in later today.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Since the 645Ci and the M5 had similar times at Hockenheim I believe them.

M people in Garching told me the M6 is the Ultimate BMW.

I've seen it and have photos, but I promised not to publish them.

Let's see if there will be an M6 CSL. I guess so! mmmmmm

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
March 2005 (with the Aston V8 on the front cover), pages 24-26.

Just got my copy :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Andy-UK said:
There was a great 3 page article with Richter (Head of M Development) and Limmer (Test Driver) about the upcoming M's. There were seriously raving about the M6 and how it is going to blow the M5 away on the track. Limmer's time on the Ring in the M5 is 8.08 and he said it may be possible to be a full 7 seconds faster in the M6. Richter commented that when the M6 is on sale people will be comparing it to cars costing £100K more, cars like the Ferrari 612 and 575.

I will post scans in later today.
Sure it can compare with more expensive cars with regard to performance, but it won't match the upcoming V-8-powered Aston Martin for style inside or out.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Rickcoin said:
Sure it can compare with more expensive cars with regard to performance, but it won't match the upcoming V-8-powered Aston Martin for style inside or out.
Looks are subjective. Hence why tests/journalists/interviews are generally always concerned with figures.

There will be people who love and hate the looks of each car. Personally the Aston's got the looks for me.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Nice find!

Interesting notes I thought.. the comment on the brakes. They definately seem to believe that they are going in the right direction here. 5 or 6 laps of the 'Ring before fade? Pretty good sounds like.

The comment on the engine, specifically the M division had to pay for it and make it profitable lead me to again believe there will not be a 5.5L for the CSL.

I like the way the SMG surround fits in with the rest of the interior, looks less of an afterthought than the M5.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
SuperBMW said:
Interesting he only mentions Continental Tyres.

Early E60 M5's only had Michelin PS2, then all later test cars and show cars all only had Continental
BMW always sources at least two parts they consider comparable. Otherwise, a perturbation in their just-in-time parts inventory could cost them dearly.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
But also the Nürburgring is a very fast track that provide alot of cooling for tha brakes, that smaller tracks do not. We'll see.

vndkshn said:
Nice find!

Interesting notes I thought.. the comment on the brakes. They definately seem to believe that they are going in the right direction here. 5 or 6 laps of the 'Ring before fade? Pretty good sounds like.

The comment on the engine, specifically the M division had to pay for it and make it profitable lead me to again believe there will not be a 5.5L for the CSL.

I like the way the SMG surround fits in with the rest of the interior, looks less of an afterthought than the M5.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts