BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday night....."Rob, this is your car......BRAPP RRRRRRRRRRRRR."

that was the message that i got from bill on saturday night...I have never heard something that loud at idle. Sure i've heard indy and f1 cars at idle, but that was up in the stands and that was alot of them. The car was louder than bills voice on the message, and it was only at idle.

Currently Bill seems to be about 4 days ahead of the time table that i spoke with him about last...

Bill---im amazed by your work habits and your dedication
Sean---i could ask for no better intermediary between everthing

Thanks guys...

·
Banned
386 Posts
Nice.... cant wait to hear some clips

·
Registered
530 Posts
Rob:

Looking forward to your write up about the total experience with the SC.

Been watching this one anticipating quite a work of art.

Good luck

·
Registered
277 Posts
If the idle is so loud I wonder what its like at 5000rpm+ :D.

I was just today (yea, I actually think about your and Black M5s project even when Im not online :)) wondering how much torque its going to produce?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Now heres the rather odd dilemma how to tape the sound at anything more then idle now granted its going to bounce off the walls in the shop a tad but so far attempts have resulted in large popping then some static followed by a buzzing noise.

I’m thinking I’ll walk outside and round the corner then call Bills cell and tell him to rev it a bit and see if that works.

I’m only kidding :)

But I am working on getting clips for you guys.

Sean

·
Registered
12,776 Posts
Rob
I know what you went through, so this is very special. Great to hear that Bill and his group are even ahead of schedule. From the sound of the car (literally!), you need to check your Monopoly game cards, you might need one of those "get out of jail free" cards!!LOL
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
225 Posts
Pretty incredible, I got tons of questions.

What S/C you got, who makes it, how much $$ for the S/C parts, total boost, estimated HP & torque.

What drivetrain? Who makes it? How much $$?

What differiential?

Did the engine get bored also?

Forget the BEAST...This thing is going to be a MONSTER!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Robert

·
Registered
944 Posts
watching those vids arent you all thinking to yourselves "go on, just a quick blip, come on, please!!!"

hehe awesome work, great pics on the web page too, great to have such professional expertise resident on the board.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
770 Posts
1badm5 said:
Pretty incredible, I got tons of questions.

I'll attempt to answer Bill may want to add something as well.

What S/C you got, who makes it, how much $$ for the S/C parts, total boost, estimated HP & torque.

It’s a custom Blower built by Vortech to specs Shadowman asked for. There is no price for the S/C parts as we build each car as a project for the owner and it’s a completed package. Estimated boost is rumored to going to be 17 lbs but might be more depending on final tuning. HP & Torque numbers the figure 800 is being tossed around but that’s based on several different variables. To put it in perspective Shadowmans Z8 has 750hp but does not have the internals done and is only running 11lbs of boost I believe.

What drivetrain? Who makes it? How much $$?

Bill question :thumbsup:

What differiential?

Bill question :thumbsup:

The engine has had everything imaginable done to it but for specifics Bill will need to go into that as well. Theres several pictures of the pistons, rods, etc posted in Robs section

Forget the BEAST...This thing is going to be a MONSTER!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:
I hope I was able to answer some of your questions Rob and Abdullas projects are nothing short of a labor of love for us here at D/A

Sean

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Oh my gawd!!

There was a power blackout here on saturday afternoon here in the UK (3000miles away! :eek:oohhh: ).. hmm.. now I know why!!! :1: hahah thats a uberBEAST! :viking:

Top work fella's, can't wait for the driveby vid clips! ouich

Tin

·
10,445 Posts
1badm5 said:
I don't think it's possible to bore the S62 for 2 reasons; 1. alusil cylinder coatings and 2, something like 4mm of material left between the cylinders, iirc.

Wow that sounds incredible. I was also hoping for just a little blip of the throttle, but that idle is something else.
Mike

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well I was present during the dyno testing of this engine

This engine killed the dyno twice and at 7500 rpm the sound was like a P51 flying through the dyno room. One of the guys in the office of the shop who has hearing aids had to leave the shop during the testing :eek:

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
An 800bhp m5.....fantastic, cant wait to see the performance figures.

What will servicing be like, will it be anything like stock or will the car need to have an engine rebuild every 5k miles?

all the best
adam

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Adam said:
An 800bhp m5.....fantastic, cant wait to see the performance figures.
Exactly, that is one super beast. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
WOW!!!
I'm sure it'll sound even better when the supercharger gets hooked up. That thing is going to be untouchable at highway speeds. :byee55amg

1 - 20 of 81 Posts