BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone here have an Eventuri installed for their beast? I can’t really find sound clips or even reviews for the e39, but the e46 and e60 crowd seems to like it.

I’m curious how it sounds in junction with headers/200 cell cats. Would the increased intake noise be noticeable?

How does it compare to the GruppeM?

·
Registered
952 Posts
N

Anyone here have an Eventuri installed for their beast? I can’t really find sound clips or even reviews for the e39, but the e46 and e60 crowd seems to like it.

I’m curious how it sounds in junction with headers/200 cell cats. Would the increased intake noise be noticeable?
I have this in my e92 m3,,and the sound from the intake is day and night Than stock.
I like it so much,,it is little bit expensive .
I see my car breath better ,,much much better than stock .

Thank you.

Reactions: GillianB

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s what most people running it on e60/e46 seem to agree on too. Have you ever heard GruppeM intakes? Do you think it’s a similar effect?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have this in my e92 m3,,and the sound from the intake is day and night Than stock.

I like it so much,,it is little bit expensive .

I see my car breath better ,,much much better than stock .

Thank you.

I agree 100% with him. When I bought it and installed on my E60 M5, the sound was so damn amazing. It sounded like I had ran the car with open velocity stacks like my old Datsun 240Z.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder why there's so little to be found about the e39 then... ? I might just take the plunge and get a set when I'm finally getting the headers done too, but just really wondering why I can't find a review for the e39.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think it was just released in April for e39 M5. Probably why there aren't a lot of reviews. Seems very interesting and possibly a better alternative to Dinan, considering installation looks a lot simpler.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O for real? I had not noticed it’s that new....

I’ve never been really keen on the usual classic/old Dinan/Evolve CAI where you’d place the air filter low behind the front bumper and add intake tubing from the fog light area. To me it looks like asking for problems. Ofcourse when only driving in good dry weather that won’t be an issue, but over here the weather is.... often not so good.

I like the fact the eventuri seems to combine the good bits of the classic CAI (fog light tubing) and the open style filter with heat shielding (like GruppeM) higher up in the engine bay. I suspect you’ll get the added airflow at higher speed without the risk of water and other crap getting thin your filters.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Neat, I wasn't aware they made this for the E39 M5. Would be interested to see if the "sound quality" that people like transfers well to the E39. I didn't see a price listed though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Neat, I wasn't aware they made this for the E39 M5. Would be interested to see if the "sound quality" that people like transfers well to the E39. I didn't see a price listed though.
Cheapest I could find from a reseller was 1350,- Euro, so 1550-1600 dollars? Bit pricey, but maybe they’ll do a special price if you get medusa headers, 200 cell cats and eventuri intake? That would be an interesting upgrade package...
:smile

·
Registered
914 Posts
DROOOOOLLLLLL

If it sounds that good at idle with a few throttle stabs, just imagine what this sounds like on a nice highway 3rd gear full RPM pull!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts