BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a great interest from the americans in making these "get togethers" and I wonder if the same happening would be of any interest to any of the europeans guys ???

I think it would be cooooool meeting for example in Germany sometimes in september.. Maby we could arrange a M-factory visit and a visit to a track with our cars...
I´m willing to do a lot of work if You have the interest...

Let me hear from you !

Best regadrs, Nille

(M5 2000 Carbonblack/silverstone, 19" HARTGE, NAVI/TV, PDC, DSC, glasroof, armrest phone etc.)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I´ll join you in October - that´s for sure !

Looking forward hearing from you again.

Nille.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm picking up my second M5 in Munich October 16, would love to join you if you don't mind someone from California (I'll bring wine!).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Nille,

Why don't come to BMW club sweden meeting tomorrow 5th of August at Knutstorp racetrack located in Kaageroed (which is 20km east Helsingborg)? I will be there with carbonblack M5 with Hartge 20" wheels. We could have a talk as I was one who organized the german trip in april and organizing the october trip.
Hope you are able to come and that you read this mail in time.

klas

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
hello Nille, Klas, Gustav and others

At 9 july, we have had an ///M5 meeting at the Nurburgring Nordschleide with 6 owners and 5 cars, Serge Jeager had a defective rear wheel bearing and I picked him up underway so he could be there.

We where there with 2 E39 ///M5 and 3 E34 M5's and had great fun that day. I still have to send Gustav a story of the meeting, but have not had much time to finish it. That is why I have sent some pictures to Gustav allready.

We agreed to meet again, but next time we want more cars. It is however difficult to get an E28 ///M5, since there are not that many around. But it would be fun if all three generations M5's are there.

You can contact me directly at the following Email address, but next 2,5 weeks I am on holidays and can't answer any Emails:

[email protected]

With best regards,

Raymond

1990 E34 ///M5

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by raymond woertman:
hello Nille, Klas, Gustav and others

At 9 july, we have had an ///M5 meeting at the Nurburgring Nordschleide with 6 owners and 5 cars, Serge Jeager had a defective rear wheel bearing and I picked him up underway so he could be there.

We where there with 2 E39 ///M5 and 3 E34 M5's and had great fun that day. I still have to send Gustav a story of the meeting, but have not had much time to finish it. That is why I have sent some pictures to Gustav allready.

We agreed to meet again, but next time we want more cars. It is however difficult to get an E28 ///M5, since there are not that many around. But it would be fun if all three generations M5's are there.

You can contact me directly at the following Email address, but next 2,5 weeks I am on holidays and can't answer any Emails:

[email protected]

With best regards,

Raymond

1990 E34 ///M5
Please update the exact date for the meeting as there seems to be several meetings being arranged at the moment. The best idea is for us to meet at the M factory for a tour and then onto a track. I think Nille should take responsability for the information as it was his suggestion or choose another person to inform us all.
Oliver Mark Cortney (London) M5 Avus Blue/Le Mans/Titanium

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by Nille:

I see a great interest from the americans in making these "get togethers" and I wonder if the same happening would be of any interest to any of the europeans guys ???

I think it would be cooooool meeting for example in Germany sometimes in september.. Maby we could arrange a M-factory visit and a visit to a track with our cars...
I´m willing to do a lot of work if You have the interest...

Let me hear from you !

Best regadrs, Nille

(M5 2000 Carbonblack/silverstone, 19" HARTGE, NAVI/TV, PDC, DSC, glasroof, armrest phone etc.)
Please update the exact date for the meeting as there seems to be several meetings being arranged at the moment. The best idea is for us to meet at the M factory for a tour and then onto a track. I think Nille should take responsability for the information as it was his suggestion or choose another person to inform us all.
Oliver Mark Cortney (London) M5 Avus Blue/Le Mans/Titanium

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi everybody !!

I seems that there´s a huge interest in this event !! Great !!
I hope that Gustav will help setting up a perfect "M5 Weekend" asap... Gustav - please fill me in with all the details and let me help if I can..

Best regards,

Nille

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been thinking (yeah right..:))

How about this:

DAY 1:
The Swede´s meet up in Helsingborg and pick´s up the rest of us through Europe: Copenhagen, Roedby, Puttgarden, Hamburg, Hannover, Munich.

DAY 2:
We visit the M-factory and the workshop where BMW´s are individualized by its new owner.
We go from Munich to Milano and continue to Genova and end up in Cannes where we all eat at the "Tantra" restaurant.

DAY 3:
We go to the AGS Formula 1 School, where we all will have 25 laps in a Formula 3 (200HP, 400KG´s) and 5 laps in a 1992 Formula 1 (650HP, 500KG´s). For the extreme guys (I think we will have a few of them comming along
) it will be possible to become passenger in a Le Mans racer (I guarantee you will NEVER do it again !! it´s WILD)

DAY 4:
We go home...

I have tried the AGS School and it´s really professional and very "I feel like Coulthard"-like...

This is just a program I have been thinking about, and I would love to hear some response from all of you European guys !!

Let´s rock´n roll !!

Nille

·
Registered
56 Posts
My comments on day 2: it is unrealistic to visit the M factory in Munich in the morning and be in Cannes around dinner time. That's the route I picked when I did European Delivery on my M5, and it took me 2 days (without factory visit) with a stop close to Milano. Remember that you have to cross the Alps, with possibly bad weather.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That´s exectly why I want your comments !!

I will try to make a new one - with only German "happenings"...

Nille

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nille,

Have you thought about making an event at the "Salzburg Ring" racetrack near Munich? This should fit. Also "Hockenheim Ring" is not too far away from Munich. BMW museum will be also an option and in Adenau south of munich is an huge automotive museum.
Do we have anybody from the Munich area or from north of Austria here around? Because for someone there it will be quite easier to do the arrangments (including a nice cheap hotel in Bavaria with an secure parking lot and an "Biergarten").

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,096 Posts
Originally posted by cyril:
My comments on day 2: it is unrealistic to visit the M factory in Munich in the morning and be in Cannes around dinner time. That's the route I picked when I did European Delivery on my M5, and it took me 2 days (without factory visit) with a stop close to Milano. Remember that you have to cross the Alps, with possibly bad weather.
If you go to Cannes via Milano, I guess one day is pretty unrealistic. But that is probably not the fastest way to get there.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,096 Posts
Holger,

Have you visited the BMW Museum?
IMHO, I was there last year and I find it pretty boring. I'd rather spend time on a track or visit some BMW tuners instead or just speeding on Autobahn.

Have you had your engine tuned, since you hit the rev limiter on 6th?
I had my speed limiter removed at Kellner Sport in Dinslaken and spent a considerable time on Autobahn (most A3 and A7) between Köln, Frankfurt and Würzburg and then all the way back to Sweden (i.e Denmark) and never once hit the rev limiter on 6th.

When in October will this trip take place?

/Johan

·
Registered
56 Posts
Originally posted by johann:
If you go to Cannes via Milano, I guess one day is pretty unrealistic. But that is probably not the fastest way to get there.
I'd be curious to know a faster way.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,096 Posts
Originally posted by cyril:
I'd be curious to know a faster way.
Fastest (not closest remember you have a really fast car) way is via Innsbruck )not via Garmisch), Verona, Genova 1017 Km. But then you will have to worry about speeding tickets in Austria.

Another really fast way, depending on traffic in might be faster, is via Karlsruhe, Freiburg, Mulhouse, Lyon and Aix-En-Prov, 1260 Km

I would say that depending on which way you take to Milano that is also doable in 8-10 hours drive (including stops for filling up both you and your car and).

The Autobahn in SW Germany is very fast and so are the French Auto Routes.

Going via Austria and Italy is a beatiful road with lots of climbing and nice corners to but the Autostradas in Italy adre still pretty fast and you seldom get stopped by the Police.

/Johan

·
Registered
56 Posts
Originally posted by johann:
Fastest (not closest remember you have a really fast car) way is via Innsbruck )not via Garmisch), Verona, Genova 1017 Km. But then you will have to worry about speeding tickets in Austria.

Another really fast way, depending on traffic in might be faster, is via Karlsruhe, Freiburg, Mulhouse, Lyon and Aix-En-Prov, 1260 Km

I would say that depending on which way you take to Milano that is also doable in 8-10 hours drive (including stops for filling up both you and your car and).

The Autobahn in SW Germany is very fast and so are the French Auto Routes.

Going via Austria and Italy is a beatiful road with lots of climbing and nice corners to but the Autostradas in Italy adre still pretty fast and you seldom get stopped by the Police.

/Johan
I'll look into the way via Innsbruck tonight, when I have my maps handy. But it seems quite similar from the one through Milano. Regarding the way through France, I have already done and it is slower as you have to go up the Riveria from Marseille.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts