BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago, I took down the link to my European dashboard conversion webpage. The cost of parts at Pacific BMW (and then Crevier BMW) had climbed steadily from about $350 to nearly $2,500 and the installation instructions vanished from E39garage.com. So I figured nobody else would ever do this conversion.

Recently, some brave soul decided to tackle this project and discovered they could order the parts on-line from Tischer BMW at more reasonable prices. Also, I discovered the Internet Archive site had cached the old E39garage installation instructions.

So after updating a bunch of superseded part numbers and correcting the pricing on the page, I've put the link back up. You can check it out here:

E39 Eurodash Conversion

Enjoy!

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I think that this is the best interior mod for the E39 M5 (aside from aftermarket seats and other non OEM stuff). It looks better and it's very functional. Thanks for updating the link, Dave!

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
I did this conversion using your instructions about a year ago, Dave, at the same time I installed a leather dashboard. Was really a fun installation and gave me the opportunity to rationalize a ton of wiring in my dash for gauges, etc. Thanks for putting the instructions back up!

--Peter

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Thanks Dave! Now I just need the price for the black leather to drop by a grand :crying2:

Or find one of those abundant euro's being parted out...

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've been thinking about doing this mod for years now - however rather than sourcing new parts, I've thought about shipping used parts from Germany.

search eBay - eine der größten deutschen Shopping-Websites for 'e39 armaturenbrett'.. seems that if you can get some reasonable shipping (Probably about the same price as the parts), you can get the eurodash fairly cheaply.

Any of our continental Europe people wanna help us Yanks get more space in our cars?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts