BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
I read in another thread that 'gniruot' was temporarily banned? Not sure if that is true or not - not trying to start anything either if it isn't - just another thread that said it. If he is still interested, he can email me at messex 'at' netalytics.com. Just let me know, and I'll update the thread if you are going to be there for the 15th.

Mark

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm located in Charlotte and have been following this thread for a while. I'm receiving my 08' E60 in the coming week or so and would definitely like to join you guys to observe if thats okay. Just let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Sure - come on out - of course, you may decide to join right in and tune your new purchase. Post pics when you get it!

·
Banned
444 Posts
I'm located in Charlotte and have been following this thread for a while. I'm receiving my 08' E60 in the coming week or so and would definitely like to join you guys to observe if thats okay. Just let me know. Thanks!
of coarse!!!!!!

·
Banned
444 Posts
Guys - I'm back in the office today.

How about I send a loaner flasher out and we can do this with just the 3 of you?? It will keep us from needing 5.

I can assign one person responsible for flashing and all I would need are the printouts of the dyno graphs emailed to me.

Thoughts?

Jerry

·
Registered
719 Posts
How about a E39 tune?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Congrats Jerry, hope baby and mom are doing well.

We still have 3 weeks left, lets see who else is interested in the next couple of days before deciding on the remote tuning route.

Also, posted in the E39 and M6 forums.

·
Registered
983 Posts
We still have 3 weeks left, lets see who else is interested in the next couple of days before deciding on the remote tuning route.

Also, posted in the E39 and M6 forums.
Jake had asked if we could move it so he wasn't booking the flight last minute, as that's not affordable. Let's see what comes from the other posts.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey guys- bit of a newbie here with this- and dont want to derail the thread.

If someone could assist me in understanding the benefits of remote tune, flash, and dyno on a stock and in warranty M5, I think i could easily be pursuaded to join-in instead of being a casual observer. I understand there may be some HP increases, but i'd like to understand specifcs and more-so, get details on the obvious concerns related to maintaining warranty. If the benefits out way the risks- I'll definitely be in for the remote tune and could be talked into the Dyno.

Feel free to PM or post - whatever best suits this thread.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Still in need of two interested members. I would like to be able to reserve the dyno and have eurocharged make travel arrangements this coming week.
I'm still in for the 15th, but can't do the 1st, at this point. Doesn't seem that we have any more interested parties, so may have to do the 'remote tune'.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I'm assuming, at this point, this Group Dyno Tune is dead? I really wanted to do the Dyno Tune, as I think it is a better option, but if not going to have one around here, I'm probably just going to get the Tune Package from Eurocharged, and put the Pulley on, and do the remote tune with the programmer they send.

One question for Eurocharged - if I do this, and at a later date you guys do a 'dyno' tune somewhere nearby, would there be much benefit in doing it? I don't fully know how all this tuning works, and I know the Eurocharged guys will 're-flash' whenever new mods are added - just wondering if it would make that much difference?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
983 Posts
Not sure I can make that drive, but would be interesting. Eurocharged, any scheduled (confirmed) Dyno Tunes going on near Atlanta or Charlotte in the near future?

·
Banned
444 Posts
I'm assuming, at this point, this Group Dyno Tune is dead? I really wanted to do the Dyno Tune, as I think it is a better option, but if not going to have one around here, I'm probably just going to get the Tune Package from Eurocharged, and put the Pulley on, and do the remote tune with the programmer they send.

One question for Eurocharged - if I do this, and at a later date you guys do a 'dyno' tune somewhere nearby, would there be much benefit in doing it? I don't fully know how all this tuning works, and I know the Eurocharged guys will 're-flash' whenever new mods are added - just wondering if it would make that much difference?

Thanks,
Mark
If your car is near stock, then a dyno tune isn't needed. However, with the mygenius, and your own laptop, we can dyno tune the car anytime!

I am thinking of going to Timmayfest and just doing a dyno tune there. Last time i heard Eurocharged will be doing tunes there.

I also wanted to do a dyno tune with eurocharged present.
See you there!

Not sure I can make that drive, but would be interesting. Eurocharged, any scheduled (confirmed) Dyno Tunes going on near Atlanta or Charlotte in the near future?
We have a dealer in Atlanta that could dyno tune you if needed. Let me know if you need more info.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts