BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I loaded up my Eurocharged Tune yesterday that I bought back in January, the weather has been exceptional in the Midwest so I have been getting to enjoy the M5 for a week now. Initially there were some issues with my DME getting the tune installed I had sent in to Eurocharged to get it flashed but they had issues with it, apparently the previous owner had put a tune on the car that was difficult to remove. To their credit Jerry at Eurocharged instead sent me a My Genius so I could remote tune the car for no additional charge (Excellent Customer Service!)

I struggled to understand how to use the My Genius, it didn't come with instructions, but a member here pointed me in the right direction. It was very simple and only took a few minutes to update the unit and get the new software.

First Impressions; I have to say the car runs fantastic on this tune, there is no need for the M button anymore because the P400 tune is just as insane. I can't really say that you suddenly feel all this extra horsepower but I must say the car pulls very hard and more importantly seems far better tuned that the factory tune. My car seemed to have some hesitation before but with this tune that issue seems to be gone. I love the increased rev's of this tune as well. It is cool with the heads up display to see it go into the red right before the shift. I drive some fast cars but I have to say I was grinning like an idiot yesterday driving this car. I turned the traction control off and drifted it in some corners (rear tires are getting replaced today). I have never been one to proclaim huge expectations from a NA tune but I would say this is very much a worthwhile upgrade, and it probably would be the first thing I would do if I were buying another M5. I am not going to do anymore to my car, I like the stock exhaust and have tried to keep this car as close to stock as possible, but believe this was very much worth every penny. If I remember I only paid $405 for this tune, that brings the cost per horsepower down significantly. I am going to get it on a dyno to see how much power the car is making. My M3 has 500hp with a supercharger but for some reason this car actually feels faster on the top end.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Thanks for sharing Jim,

I have the Eurocharged tune as well and was impressed with overall results. I just wanted the speed limiter removed but the extra horsepower is a bonus. :haha2:

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
i also have the my genius with this tune have no complaints. Jerry is very helpful, i too did not know what to do with the hand held as the instructions were not so clear.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
nice to hear you love it

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I just recently bought their pulley the difference between stock and eurocharged is very noticeable to me. The only question I am asking myself is why didn't I buy it sooner! lol. Well worth the money in my option. It keeps up to it's power band a lot quicker!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Can anyone give me an idea about cost of this mod? I live in NJ and was quoted $430 locally. Is this in line whith what is typical cost? Thanks in advance for any feedback

·
Registered
144 Posts
Can anyone give me an idea about cost of this mod? I live in NJ and was quoted $430 locally. Is this in line whith what is typical cost? Thanks in advance for any feedback
I'd like to know the cost as well, I live in a Chicago burb not too far from their former place of business, I understand they've moved their headquarters to Houston....

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
thats in the neighborhood of what i paid but it was a black friday special at the time.

I bought my car in chicago and that VERY SAME DAY went to a satellite office of theirs and had the tune completed....great customer service and ive loved the tune ever since (though i obviously didnt get a lot of time w/ the car before i had the tune installed)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Where are you located? I work in Schaumburg.
Naperville, right off of Rt 59, I can also come to Schaumburg, any chance the Black Fri/Holiday pricing can still be honored? :)

Also, I am in the process of getting the euro SMG tune, will this matter at all?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
FCS5 from which tuner are you getting the SMG software from?
I paid $840 for the eurocharged tune and the handheld.

·
Registered
144 Posts
FCS5 from which tuner are you getting the SMG software from?
I paid $840 for the eurocharged tune and the handheld.
I'm going through Vodyk to do the SMG sw, there are a bunch of threads I'm sure you've already come across. Do you have the euro SMG tune with your Eurocharged tune?

How do you like the Eurocharged tune? Well worth it? Might have to hold off on this as the wife's 3 series broke down this morning, have to see what the damages are, but if it's at a great price with worthwhile performance, then why not....

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
yes i have seen those threads. i just have the tune not the euro smg tune. can vodyk do the euro tune on a 2010? I thought it was only working on 06-07 models.

·
Registered
983 Posts
yes i have seen those threads. i just have the tune not the euro smg tune. can vodyk do the euro tune on a 2010? I thought it was only working on 06-07 models.
I think the general consensus is that the 06-07 models take to the 'cheap cable' DIY option, but if you have '08 or greater, you might want to use the more expensive set up that Vodyk has. Don't know the particulars other than I think in '08 they started securing stuff more, and it could brick the TCU. So, I think Vodyk can do '10 models, but confirm with him.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Sweet. I will get with him. Thanks for the info. I will assume I have to remove and send to him.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Naperville, right off of Rt 59, I can also come to Schaumburg, any chance the Black Fri/Holiday pricing can still be honored? :)

Also, I am in the process of getting the euro SMG tune, will this matter at all?

Thanks!
I took advantage of the black friday sale and bought the tune/tuner/pulley package. I doubt they would still honor the sale price because its been more than a few months. I haven't installed any of it yet as I just took the car out of storage. I have to take it to Patrick BMW first for some warranty work and updated I-Drive software, then its off to my buddy's shop. I'm going to dyno the car before and after to see how much hp and tq I pick up from the tune and pulley.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Im on 355 and Butterfield, Ive been meaning to get together with Jake @ Euro I just want that Eurocharged pulley before I do the tune.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I took advantage of the black friday sale and bought the tune/tuner/pulley package. I doubt they would still honor the sale price because its been more than a few months. I haven't installed any of it yet as I just took the car out of storage. I have to take it to Patrick BMW first for some warranty work and updated I-Drive software, then its off to my buddy's shop. I'm going to dyno the car before and after to see how much hp and tq I pick up from the tune and pulley.
You will be very impressed. I am sure it will leave a smile on your face.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just got my car tuned as well, first impressions were smooth throttle response, quicker acceleration and no more top speed limiter. However after driving the car for a week after the tune, the CEL started acting up. the fault states "Increased emissions". I drove the car with the stock tune for a while before the tune, never seen the CEL light up, after the tune I've experience this twice now, had it reset then it lit up again after 2 days of it being off. Not sure if it's entirely the tune's fault, however I haven't changed or done anything different other than the tune. Anyone else?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I just got my car tuned as well, first impressions were smooth throttle response, quicker acceleration and no more top speed limiter. However after driving the car for a week after the tune, the CEL started acting up. the fault states "Increased emissions". I drove the car with the stock tune for a while before the tune, never seen the CEL light up, after the tune I've experience this twice now, had it reset then it lit up again after 2 days of it being off. Not sure if it's entirely the tune's fault, however I haven't changed or done anything different other than the tune. Anyone else?
You should get the codes read off of it. It would give you an idea of where to start! Did you get the remote tune tool when you bought your tune or get it flashed at a authorized center? If you have the tool I think it can read faults, at least I know on my evolve software it can.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts