BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Wifey and I were out on my favorite straight stretch of road by the airport, and I said hay i've only done this twice but want to feel something cool? So i did a LC and it just sort of bogged on the first shift...Hmm that wasn't so good, she still thought it was but i knew something was off...

A little research later and i discover that euro LC shifts itself even in S6! I must have grabbed third after it grabbed second (i am watching intently for any trouble not even the HUD)...

I Just did it again today and holy got in himmel thats fun...Just plant it, release the lever and keep it planted until you run out of road or marbles, just steer and it does all the rest!

The 4k release is fine, but the fact it pulls off its own optimum shifts is just brilliant...100+ comes up REAL fast though please don't do this anywhere you cant see WAY down the road in both directions...

Reactions: cleoent

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yep, you double shifted it into 3rd. I've gone this on hard accelerations because I kept my hand on the shift lever and the force of the 1-2 shift caused me to bump it again and immediately shift again into 3rd. Major buzz kill!

I really want to get the Euro SMG tune on my car now that I have the new clutch. I need to work on getting the software working, my last attempt didn't connect properly and I ran out of time to troubleshoot. Or maybe I'll just have that one guy do it remotely....

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The old way was pretty unimpressive, now i want to go out and do this fully automated version again...I really didnt get the kind of smoke and smells the US version resulted in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts