BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the highlights of my European Delivery of my new beast was the Nurburging. Seen the Ring, driven the Ring virtually, but like any grown kid, the dream was to drive the Ring for real. Finally got to do it albeit under less than ideal conditions. The track was wet, the day was cool and well never got to go fast enough to really heat up the tires. Nonetheless, what a blast! Needless to say, I will be doing another Euro delivery and yes, breaking the car in and making another B-line for the Ring. I wish I lived in Germany. I know where I would spend my weekends. I also now know why it really doesnt matter which car you take, the track is a hell of a lot of fun.

Check out the video and tell me what you all think. Now the wait endures for her to arrive stateside. Ugh!!!!

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Dude awesome!

Your the only other American I've heard of so far who did European Delivery and did the Break-In service and took it on the Nurburgring. Sorry to see that the track was wet for you though.

When I did it, we got really lucky and the Ring was dry. A major weather system just moved through through Germany and we experienced clear and sunny skies when we finally got to the Ring.

You can check out my Ring video in my signature if you want. It is the one labeled as a Full Blown Movie.

And yeah the Ring is insanely fun. It's a little depressing to know that the M5 will never again be driven quite like that again, even though we have some wonderful mountain roads here in SoCal.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude awesome!

Your the only other American I've heard of so far who did European Delivery and did the Break-In service and took it on the Nurburgring. Sorry to see that the track was wet for you though.

When I did it, we got really lucky and the Ring was dry. A major weather system just moved through through Germany and we experienced clear and sunny skies when we finally got to the Ring.

You can check out my Ring video in my signature if you want. It is the one labeled as a Full Blown Movie.

And yeah the Ring is insanely fun. It's a little depressing to know that the M5 will never again be driven quite like that again, even though we have some wonderful mountain roads here in SoCal.
Dave, I watched the video almost immediately after you posted it. What a blast. I will be working on my own full footage of the 9 days... I have posted a few already but more to come including the 2nd most dangerous roads on earth ( I was going to do Stelvio Pass, the #3 most dangerous road, but was a little out of the say. Instead we did Grimsel Pass, rated #2 and it was amazing!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome vid DoctaM3! Would you say the ED was every little bit worth the cost?
Let's put it this way, I will be doing this over and over and over again. I am on the list for the i8. Guess how I will be picking it up? :1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts