BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are picking up an M5 in July. My first trip to Europe, so very excited. And my first M5 since my 2001 E39 M5. Double excited!

Are safe car washes, like manual/self washes, fairly available throughout Germany, Austria, and southern France? Should I bring any basic car care tools, like a mitt or something? I'm fairly compulsive when I comes to washing and never go through machine car washes. I don't have to have a spotless car everyday, but if it rains I want to keep it somewhat clean, and BMW says the car must be clean when dropped off for the trip back.

Also, is there any good quality temporary paint protection film out there? I plan on clear filming the front when I get the car back in the states.

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Euro deliver carwashes

Notwithstanding that each of us has our own standards for various things, including car care, I wouldn't be overly concerned about running your new car through the automated car washes.

After I picked up my Euro delivery F10 M5 September 3, 2012 I dropped it off at Log In Out, the Munich drop-off point located at the Munich airport, on September 17th. They told me they take the cars to the commercial, drive-through carwash in the airport. In addition I had taken the car to similar carwashes while in Italy and Austria. There was never a problem.

The reason I did this is for the simple fact that before you take possession of your car in the Welt it will have been run through one of these automated, drive-through carwash located in the basement of the Welt! I'll attach a picture I have of a F10 M5 entering the Welt carwash.

In addition, the BMW Vehicle Preparation/Delivery Center (port of entry) will completely detail the car and remove any scratches, etc., including repainting if necessary, before it is delivered to your dealer. Your car will be perfect! But as I said, I recognize that everyone has their own standards; I did completely detail my car when I got it back to my driveway.

Given that you'll have to park where you don't want to park while in Europe and you can't count on having access to water, try to relax and enjoy the trip in you new car. It will be worth it!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts