BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of the install before and after.

It only took about 10 minutes to install but one question that I have there are some cables under the old armrest, I have to push them down since it was the only way to place the new storage piece. does anyone knows what are those cables for?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Looks good! Those cables are for the phone connections. They will be just fine tucked underneath there.

Reactions: lanza360

·
Registered
384 Posts
Here are some pics of the install before and after.

It only took about 10 minutes to install but one question that I have there are some cables under the old armrest, I have to push them down since it was the only way to place the new storage piece. does anyone knows what are those cables for?
Phone cradle interface, BlueTooth pairing button, and BlueTooth antenna connection.

-crds

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Much better isn't it, Fernando? :) I love mine!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Gorgeous, future mod. But damn they're expensive :crying2:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looks GREAT! Got that as one of many things to do. Did you get the "Package Deal #1" on this link (can't tell if yours slides or not)? BMW Armrest for E39s Where did you order from?

Thanks for the info, and pics!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Lunker/chris
Thanks for the info. Those cables wil stay there for good since I am not planning on using them.

Adam
It is so mcuh better now I have a place to storage small stuff and more comfortable when driving.

Ransid
yes very expensive but it is worth it, the Beast B-day is comming up so I thought it was a good present.

ArgM8y/Ken

My does slide, got it from Tischer BMW. Can't tell if it is the same as the link you showed me but it does look similar.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont think my arm rest opens up like that?
Mine just slides forward.

caseyfoster,

the OEM US version does not open, only has a small cradle to place a cell and slide forward, as you can see on pic #1. I purchase the Euro version which it has a storage and nice resting place as you can see on pics # 7 and 8.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
That is very sweet and maybe something I'll mention to Santa. Because I sure as heck can't afford it!

·
Registered
924 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Very nice, I went with a used one from SlimBones and added extra padding and a custom cover from Redline shift boots.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I need to get one of these...and just hide the BT pairing button somewhere else.
I just installed the US tilt only version, and just stuck the pairing button behind the storage compartment with the sliding lid. I might move the button up to the dash where the DSC and PDC buttons are, but you use the button so infrequently that I don't mind it being hidden.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts