BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like some of my headlight adjusters may be busted so it gives me an exhaust to buy Euro Angel Eyes.

Where is a reliable place to get these at a good price in a reasonable amount of time? I don't want to wait 30 days for them.

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
HDClown said:
It looks like some of my headlight adjusters may be busted so it gives me an exhaust to buy Euro Angel Eyes.

Where is a reliable place to get these at a good price in a reasonable amount of time? I don't want to wait 30 days for them.

If all you want to do is fix the lights. CA Automotive is selling steel inserts to replace the broken plastic adjusters. Inexpensive, check their website. On the other hand, if you are looking for an excuse to upgrade, please ignore the previous sentence! :M5launch:
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, I'll check it out, since I'll want to try and re-sell these and they are more valuable working. I was reading on bmwtips that the E39 lights pop apart like the pre-face lift E46's (such as the M3). Is that true on 2002 models as well? No baking required?

*EDIT* Can't find the steel inserts on CA's website, can you shoot me a link?

gsfent said:
If all you want to do is fix the lights. CA Automotive is selling steel inserts to replace the broken plastic adjusters. Inexpensive, check their website. On the other hand, if you are looking for an excuse to upgrade, please ignore the previous sentence! :M5launch:
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
HDClown said:
Thanks, I'll check it out, since I'll want to try and re-sell these and they are more valuable working. I was reading on bmwtips that the E39 lights pop apart like the pre-face lift E46's (such as the M3). Is that true on 2002 models as well? No baking required?
Not sure, although I think all angel eyes ('01-'03) are the same. Check with CA Automotive, since they are selling the adjusters they should have instructions for the install.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I did mine several months ago from Bekkers. Definitely do the Euro clear corner, about $100 bucks more expensive (not because they cost more to manufacturer, that's simply the premium I guess they can charge for people like me who willing to absorb it), but it's worth it, especially if you have a dark Beast.

Bekkers are great, got them within 3 days, perfectly packed, with the extra harnesses (many others will either sell them to you separately, or won't provide them at all, which means you are in for some splicing).

Stay away from Umnitza - had a horrible experience, along with another board member. We should really write a post about these jokers one day... If you scratch and claw you can likely get them very slightly cheaper, but you will wait, or go through Ebay where there may be some transaction risk. Stay with Bekkers, IMHO.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Someone fill me in on something here. I've got an 02 with xenons, so I'm basically buying these things to get clear corners. When I buy these, do I swap all my xenon hardware (bulbs and ballasts) onto the euro housings? Or do I end up having to buy a complete set with xenons and all? If they come with the lights themselves, is there places that sell just the housings for cheaper? Nothing wrong with my xenons themselves.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
12,983 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Just an FYI the plastic BMW ones are 10 bucks a side from Pacific BMW. Just ordered mine Friday.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
HDClown said:
Anyone heard good or bad about these guys on eBay? GermanStuff4You?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36476&item=7980696385

They are over $100 cheaper then bekkers after shipping.
HDClown, I recall a Boardmember once saying he purchased a set through GermanStuff4You and got the AEs within a week, which was suprising considering they are in Germany (perhaps they have some operations/warehouse in the US). So needless to say - he was happy.

Their Ebay rating is very strong, so they look legit. BTW, Bekkers may have some flexibility in price, so you can try to get them to knock it down a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts