BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The e39 M5 bug has bitten me (test drove one the other day)
I have a 2002 x5 4.6is (347hp) It is in the rare Estoril blue. 138k miles but I'm an enthusiast and every possible maintenance item has been done from the cooling system, valley pan gasket, DSC module, throttle body, valve cover gaskets, timing cover gaskets, crankshaft seals, rear drive shaft, water pump gasket, water pump, front control arms, timing chain guides (major on the M62), front+rear diff fluid change, Transfer case fluid change, transmission fluid drain and refill (not flushed, never flush in a ZF above 100k) new MAF, new final stage resistor, etc.. The car has Comfort seats, heated front and rear seats. 3 person memory, rain sensing wipers..ect. This is a very rare model as there are only 1600 4.6is x5's in the U.S. and only 3000 in the entire world. If you know BMW, the M62 V8 will run forever as long as it is taken care of properly as I have done. I've changed the oil every 5,000 miles not the usual 10,000 with Pentosin fully synthetic which is manufactured in Germany.(never use mobil 1 on bmw's.) The reason for the sale is that I'm in the market for an e39 M5. There are cheaper x5's out there but none with the amount of preventative maintenance nor care that has been put into this x5. The X also comes with a full brand new set of OEM winter wheels and tires valued at $4100 but will sell with the car for a total of $16000 but will let the car itself go for about $13200. You may contact me with any questions at 1(775)-848-8151 More pictures and info available upon request. This truly is the best 4.6is in the country.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purposely bought the X without the nav because I do a lot of long drives to LA and back and the screen on my old 4.4i would really mess with my eyes. That's why BMW put orange lighting in their cars because orange and red don't mess with your night vision.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok. I've decided on $12900. That should make it a bit faster so the M5 that I'm currently looking at doesn't slip away. (had it happen twice)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts