BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ESS now offers a DIY option for S85 tuning.

Introducing the new Direct Flash OBD software tuning interface. ESS Direct Flash gives the end user a simple to use device that allows for self programming of our performance software. No longer will ECU removal and shipping be required to install or update the software in your vehicle.

Features Include:

100 % DIY operation with easy to follow instructions.

Easily store and switch between up to 10 tunes.

Instant access to stock and tuned files.

Updates and support via internet / email.

Software support for all US and Euro spec vehicles.

MSRP $1,295 + shipping

M5board introduction pricing $1,150 + free shipping

To order visit www.esstuning.com and use coupon code "Directflash" to apply the savings.

S85 dyno tested "stock"

Software Features :

-8400RPM limit, higher available as custom order
-Removed top speed governor
-Reprogrammed torque management
-Reprogrammed throttle response
-Reprogrammed ignition, vanos and fuel parameters for optimum operation

The software is compatible with performance cat-back exhaust systems. Header software available upon request.

Typical performance increase is 10-15WHP and 10-15ft/lbs of torque on 91AKI with software alone. 93AKI version will under normal conditions develop 15-20WHP and 15-20ft/lbs of torque.

·
Banned
45 Posts
Very Sympatic

Hello,

i also ordered the tune yesterday and it got shipped today, Roman answered all my questions and iam very happy with the presales, i will write a feedback as soon as i put the tune in the BMW M6.

Thank you Roman !

mollet

·
Banned
45 Posts
Just installed the tune yesterday, it is of cause a DIY thing.

Ive installed the Stage2 tune for 98 octane and higher. The programming take about 1-2 minutes only, in these 1-2 minutes every thing goes crazy in the car (EDC, DSC, SMG..) but after the programming is done, you just switch of the dashboard, release the key, but it back in and done, no failures left...

There is really a difference noticeable after 100km in gear 2 and 3. The car feels more agressive while accelerate.

For me, the ESS Tuning has the best price / benefit ratio, and the second best, you can do it yourself and switch to stock for warranty reasons ...

Thanks Roman for everything.

Mollet

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Man i remember when i had my 94 twin turbo supra to remove the speed governor you just had to pull a fuse and it was gone. Only downside is no traction control. I had a feeling it wouldnt be so easy on my 06 M6 ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts