BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

ESS supercharged 2006 M5 bearings, actuators done. Full Supersprint header, x-pipe, and mufflers

13K views 44 replies 14 participants last post by  Fourky 
#1 · (Edited)
For sale: ESS VT2 supercharged 2006 BMW M5 with genuine Supersprint headers, Supersprint x-pipe, and Supersprint exhaust making over 700hp. Supersprint exhaust and header alone are over $9000. ESS VT2 supercharger with upgraded intercooler, heat-exchanger, and pump was about $10k. Lots of new parts. Rod bearings are already done. Throttle actuators have been replaced new with carbon/metal gears. Idle actuators are also new. Vanos pump done with 2010 gears. 2010 piston squirters, 2010 vanos solenoids, new vanos filters, and new o2 wideband sensors. Replaced all 10 coils and plugs. High pressure vanos line has been replaced. New starter, engine mounts, belts, and tensioner. All 10 new fuel injectors. Differential fluids, trans fluid, trans/steering hydraulic fluids done. Euro flash SMG ECU. BTW, all the replacements were done ahead of schedule, out of abundance of precaution, not because they broke. Every cracked plastic clips have been replaced new. The radiator hoses are new. This car has never been on a tow truck under my ownership for over 2 years of daily driving. No check engine light, warning light. Front bumper got paint chips. Body is otherwise very clean. 7spd SMG with no issues. It's in Tucson, AZ. It's my daily with 140k miles, still going up every day. $25,000

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Luxury vehicle
Roof
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Alloy wheel Car Wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Bmw
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat
Roof
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Alloy wheel Car Wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Luxury vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Luxury vehicle Car Bmw
Land vehicle Vehicle Luxury vehicle Car Bmw

See less See more
#10 ·
I'm selling ESS supercharged 2006 BMW M5 with Supersprint headers, Supersprint x-pipe, and Supersprint exhaust making over 700hp. It also has snow performance meth injector with boost gauge that will do progressive spray. 132k miles and counting (it's my daily). No check engine, warning light, nothing. It has 7spd SMG transmission. $24,500. It's located in Tucson, AZ.

It's my daily driver. Been reliable for the past 30k+ miles and counting except for starter which was recently changed. ESS supercharger put on about 15k mile ago. When I bought the car, I changed the rod bearings to extra clearanced bearings, new vanos lines, vanos pump refresh with 2010 vanos gear set, new 2010 piston squirters, new motor mounts, vanos solenoids, vanos filter, new tensioners/belts, both new throttle actuators with upgraded gears, both new idle actuators, o2 sensors, all 10 new coils, plugs. All 10 brand new fuel injectors. Did trans flush/fluid, trans hydraulic fluid, and diff fluid/seals as well. All 4 corner pads & rotors changed about 10k mi ago. Michelin 4s tires put on few months ago. Every broken plastic clips and body fasteners were changed to new. I'm probably forgetting more things. I basically read the m5 forums and did every little 'do it while you're in there' upgrades while combing the car over.

ECU is already mapped for a smaller pulley. It's currently at 6psi. I left it at 6psi due to 91octane. Meth is just for safety at this point. Tune was done without the meth injection so you can run it without meth all year. SMG ECU was flashed with euro flash making the shifts way better.

Mileage will go up daily. I just came back from Utah, Colorado, and NM road trip with this car, and it's just time to sell the car after many good miles. Nothing is mechanically wrong with the car. It has expected wears from normal driving but overall in very nice condition throughout. Got front bumper rock paint chips from the road trips. Passenger headlight cover has a scratch. I curved one wheel going through drive-through about a year ago that I can barely see. Had protective film when I got it but I just took it off when I got the car because it was peeling.

Ownership history is an interesting story. It was in an accident by the first or second owner, who damaged the exhaust & subframe cover. The title is clear. The alignment is straight as arrow, and the car will hit over 200mph without issues and without drama. The next owner put Supersprint header on it instead of replacing with a stock one, and it was installed incorrectly. There was a huge exhaust leak which threw codes & made the car run rich. When I got the car, ever since the incorrect header install, it's been through multiple owners who only drove the car few miles before selling it. It ran stupid rich getting about 8 miles per gallon on freeway cruise and made no power. It also reeked of exhaust fume. It was in a miserable condition. I fixed the leak with genuine Supersprint seals from Italy, did compression/leak down test with perfect results (probably result of running car stupid rich for about 10 years), and now makes full power with expected fuel economy.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions. I know this car well. I will not allow test drive unless you pay in full or unless you show up in a car that makes more than 600hp. I will however gladly give any potential buyer a ride. This should NOT be anyone's first or second car. If you're a teenager, don't buy this car. Responsible adults only. Title in hand. Thank you.

The car will come with everything that came off the car when I supercharged it including the manifold, aftermarket intake with sensors, full hardware, etc.

View attachment 940822 View attachment 940819 View attachment 940820 View attachment 940821 View attachment 940818 View attachment 940840 View attachment 940818 View attachment 940819 View attachment 940820 View attachment 940821 View attachment 940822 View attachment 940840 View attachment 940859 View attachment 940860 View attachment 940861
Good for you for not considering selling it to a new driver!

#11 · (Edited)
thanks for the kind words! this car is definitely not for a novice. it's just too fast.

I'm actually having tough time deciding on my next ride. Test drove a few cars over the past couple weeks, R8, LC500, 997tt, s63, f10 M5. All felt pretty damn slow. None sounded as impressive as s85 for sure. I know i'll miss hearing the s85 sing. LC500 and F10 actually sounded pretty good. I hated the brakes on F10 M5. that thing was soooo touchy--almost an on-off switch. no fine modulation like our e60. S63 felt pretty good. It's softer which I don't mind, but I definitely prefer s85 sound over that of amg v8.

I would bet if e60 m5 didn't have reputation for being unreliable, it's 50k+ car alll day, if not higher. For something I could enjoy everyday as a car guy that likes power, there isn't many car that's better than the e60 m5. The cars that come close are all in the 50-100k+ range. gonna test drive rs7 & s8 next.

#13 ·
@hungsyun7,
I know exactly what you mean. I drove and loved my original 1998 E36 M3 5-speed sedan for 21 years as my daily driver (although for more than half that time my daily driver most days was my motorcycle to office and hospital). Two years ago I decided that I anted a car with a few more modern touches, like bluetooth and a back-up camera. But it had to be 1) at least as much fun to drive as the M3, 2) have 3 pedals (see #1), and be still a car as opposed to a computer. So I ended up buying a 2010 E63 M6 6-speed coupe in Status Gray (not quite as nice as my TechnoViolet M3)m but nice). It had 66K miles, but only 8K on a new factory-installed engine, transmission and clutch. It satisfies all my needs (except that the V10 sucks gas much more than the straight 6 in the M3), but that's not much of an issue as I don't commute to work anymore, and still have the Yamaha V-Star 1100.
If you don't need the stick, you can probably find some new cars that are close to as much fun as your M5, but I doubt any will mach your 700 bhp. But they will likely cost you much more than simply keeping your M5.
If you bought it as an investment, it might make sense to sell it now. If you bought it for other reasons, you might consider keeping it. I intend to keep y M6 until I'm too old to drive, as I love it.

#14 · (Edited)
I love the e36 M3 as well. considered making that my daily driver before the price went up on those.

I did think about doing manual conversion on the m5. If my SMG gave me any issues, even a tiny one, I would've done the manual conversion in a heartbeat, but it hasn't yet given me any reason to convert. I do think SMG issues we hear are overblown. SMG is pretty nice once you learn to time lifting gas pedal slightly with the shifts. i find it fun. altho i know that isn't the popular opinion here!

so you were working at hospital, now working from home. i'm going to guess we have the same job... :)

#19 · (Edited)
More details of upgrades:
Supersprint header: $6000
Supersprint x-pipe: $700
Supersprint performance mufflers: $2200
ESS Vt2 supercharger with upgraded intercooler, heat exchanger, pump, & intake: $9500
New ESS pulleys, bearings, & tune
These are just parts cost. I am forgetting a few more things I'm sure.

This is on top of sorted out M5 with bearings & actuators done with upgraded gears. Vanos done. New starter, mounts, belts/tensioner, etc. Everything from injectors, filters, fluids, to brakes, sensors, and tires are done. Even all the bolts, gaskets were changed to new from factory when the bearings were done. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it cross country, and I regularly take 1000+ mile trips with it.

No check engine or service light. On an airstrip, it'll hit top speed with ease limited only by gear ratio.

The car's SMG, ABS, dampers, etc. never gave me any issues over a full year+ of ownership. I daily this car.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.