BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I need to find a shop in this area.... maybe member TCM can direct me to a local shop...

If he can't, I am sure Gregg (UFH) can. Waht about Turner? I imagine they have a dyno.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Hey tjav8b I am not sure if I read correctly the general trend of the multiple posts.
Did your car make 460 rwhp without headers? This would be a fantastic gain and I congratulate you on having a real beast. Good job man!

M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Hey tjav8b I am not sure if I read correctly the general trend of the multiple posts.
Did your car make 460 rwhp without headers? This would be a fantastic gain and I congratulate you on having a real beast. Good job man!

M5Ranger...Juan
I am thinking the V-Box 459rwhp is at least 10hp too much. The Power Mode is a good tool but by no means do I think it is highly accurate for absolute numbers. The consistency of the test was what I was after. I am going to start doing some 1/4 mile testing to see what my trap speeds are and comparing them to other members with headers runs.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I am not very familiar with the V-Box. Is this unit able to give an estimated rwhp of the car?
I may need to secure one of those units. They seem very interesting.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I am not very familiar with the V-Box. Is this unit able to give an estimated rwhp of the car?
I may need to secure one of those units. They seem very interesting.
Indeed, I think the perfomance box is the "toy" for you. It is best used for looking at real world performance, as you can use it to determine acceleration both in MPH times and distance times (60', 1/4 mile, etc).
Here is the USA link http://store.vboxusa.com/servlet/Detail?no=2

(You can thank me later :thumbsup:)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
xraym5 thank you for the link.

Juan

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Mike,
It was great meeting you yesterday at Bimmerfest. I am looking forward to getting your software. Let me know what I need to do to get it done

21 - 31 of 31 Posts