BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for the first time this year i decided to use the M mode to blow out a few cob webs after it's been stored over winter (i know i'm in for some banter here...) i've probably just driven it 5 or 6 times so far in normal "driving miss daisy", however i received a "reduced engine power" message while putting some lead on the peddle.

Even though it didn't feel reduced i decided to take it easy and come home to read the codes.

The two codes were:
2788 which appears to be "reduced speed"
2796 which appears to be "throttle flap lower stop" or "electronic throttle adaptor wrong"

I've now cleared the codes and they haven't re-appeared (but then i have only just re-started the car back up and reversed it back into the garage.

I'm due for a service in 500 miles for an oil change in which i'm also having the rod bearsing etc changed and a PDC error failure looked at but before i book them all in i would like to having an idea of what caused the two codes above.

does anyone have an idea of the "possible route cause" for the above two error codes ?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
appears to be the wrongt codes for that, it could also be related to fuel variance comparisons at max pressure (so maybe fuel pump ??)

obviously just trying to find out from here before BMW advise on something for the sake of nothing (probably most expesive and easiest option for them to change....!!)

·
Registered
341 Posts
appears to be the wrongt codes for that, it could also be related to fuel variance comparisons at max pressure (so maybe fuel pump ??)

obviously just trying to find out from here before BMW advise on something for the sake of nothing (probably most expesive and easiest option for them to change....!!)
did you ever get this fixed? what was the problem?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Whenever I see the "rarely driven" type post, I always think "battery".Weak batteries in these cars seem to cause all sorts of havoc that cannot be easily tied to the source.
Thx
Bill

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Whenever I see the "rarely driven" type post, I always think "battery".Weak batteries in these cars seem to cause all sorts of havoc that cannot be easily tied to the source.
Thx
Bill
Touch wood inn ever have had an issue with the M6 regarding the battery and lack of use/short trips but I am with the recently purchased X6. Battery discharge message, comfort access not working when remote is in the pocket (doors will not open and car won't start, get the yellow key with a diagonal line appear and also no acoustic sound) so it's in next week again to be looked at....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts