BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an issue with the fuel gauge in my 2005. It will for no apparant reason appear that the tank is filling up whilst sitting at stop for an extended period of time. Usually takes 10-15 seconds at least for the fun to begin.

The driving range also increases. I then drive off and the range and gauge needle drop back. I can park the car overnight and the next day the car is at least and 1/8 of a tan lower than when I stopped it.

Has anyone else had a similar problem.

I had it on the dealers computer today and they saw what it was doing but the cars computer wasn't showing any faults.

It has me beat. Any advice would be more than welcomed right now.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have this on mine too. It doesn't do it all the time, but the most recent time it was going up and down. I was very low on fuel (5 mile left) and was on my way to the petrol station. After filling up it took ages for the gauge to rise and didn't get the level it should have been at. I've not checked the level since I last used the car.

I have noticed that the tank has a lot of suction when opening the filler cap - not sure if this is normal, but this latest petrol stop the suction went on for about 5 seconds after turning twisting the cap.

I too would like to know if this is a fault or a 'feature' :1zhelp:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts