BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow!

Got the M5 back from the garage yesterday, few bits and pieces tidied up that were picked up in the InspII service, new water pump, radiator hoses, front discs & pads, rear axel bushes.....

Eventually also got the Good Year Eagle F1's fitted as well, and the car is feeling nice. Still got the "grinding into 3rd problem" with the transmission, but that is only on the up-change, and I can kind of avoid it 90% of the time if I'm carefull on the change anyway.

But this morning (first proper time of driving car since having everything done) and traffic to work was a joke. Proper blocked.

So I took the smaller A roads, and lo and behold after initial congestion, as the traffic eases a little I see a red ferrari enzo (i think, never seen one in the flesh on the road before, and only recognise the front really) overtaking a few cars ahead, so decided to have some fun.

Boy! Never have I driven like that in rush hour and been able to get away with it!! Got up to 120mph overtaking on straight stretches of single carriageway on more than one occasion, we even had a red alfa 156 (i think - the ones with the shopping trolley handle style spoilers) try and join in, but get left behind. Then when we got back on to the dual carriageway, i get held up by a fo*kin' saab and a lorry cab without a trailer. But as soon as I got past them, pedal to the metal and caught him up (i hit 140mph!) as he hit more traffic (and an old skool cadilac with lots of chrome!) fun all the way to work, round the roundabout and everything.

Car felt goooood!!! And the good years make the car feel nice and secure, and although the conditions probably meant the enzo couldn't really take advantage of all of its power, but I was impressed with how much the ///M kept up!!:M5launch:

As we parted a caught him up on the inside as I was on the exiting slip road, gave a nod and was surprised to see he had a female passenger in the front!!

Not the normal rush hour drive anyway!! Might try thr smaller A roads more often!!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
very nice encounter.. I think the only ferrari to remotely look like a enzo is the f430, but I think even from behind you would recognise it.. The traffic was good then :) that you stayed with him :)

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes traffic was quick moving (60mph!!) and quiet a few gaps, ideal overtaking A road conditions, and some nice straight stretches with good visability, just gutted i got held up just as we hit the dual carriageway, would have been good to try and follow as he opened up, but that f***n' saab wouldn't get out of the way!!!

Was shaking a little from the adrenaline for about first 30mins at work!!!

///mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts