BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Definatly intresting. There has been alot of talk about a 2nd model for a long time though. I remember from very early footage (pre CC8S) about a 2nd model called the LeMans that looks like a Radical SR8, and i also think they have said that they are going to make an entry level car for a long time (Gallardo esc.)

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
First I've heard of this, it would be interesting to see how Koenigsegg would pull it off. Firstly I would presume it would sell in higher (relative) volume; do Koenigsegg possess the capacity and processes to do this? At present I would say no.

Secondly to fit a lower price point it would have to be decontented just a bit, or at least not (over)engineered so fanatically. In what areas would Christian feel comfortable "cutting corners" so to speak, and still proudly stamp his name on it?

I could see Koenigsegg doing this on a level where there is not so much personal tailoring, enabling some sort of economies of scale, and maybe also relying on less bespoke mechanical bits? If successful it could almost redefine a new market segment?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts