BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
This is very interesting. I don't suppose they have tuned the M5 (sorry, can't read whatever language it is) but.. If they haven't, 535 horses and 582 Nm... Thats 28 HP more than BMW promises and 12% more Nm .

I suppose Velocità means Top Speed, if so, they only meassured it to 318 km/h at the top. But BMW has confirmed 328 km/h on Nardo right?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yaninnya said:
I checked other threads but I didn't found any info about engine upgrades for M5 (E60). I found this:
http://www.digitaltuning.ch/php/product.php4?id=1831
But: I'm thinking about show car for us and I'm looking for something more powerfull. Any suggestions? ??????
It's Italian, but nevertheless the whole in English:

BrandBMWModelSERIE5MotorM5 5.0 - 507CVYear2004 Cylinders10Displacement4999
Original
technical itemsDigitaltuning technical itemsPower [HP] at a speed of 7750 min-1507Power [HP] at a speed of 7880 min-1535Torque [NM] at a speed of 6100 min-1520Torque [NM] at a speed of 5790 min-1582Speed [Km/h]250Speed [Km/h]318Acceleration 0-100Km/h 4.7Acceleration 0-100Km/h 4.6Use of fuel [l/100Km]14.7Use of fuel [l/100Km]14.3Increase of the power of 28 [CV]Increase of the torque 12 % [Nm]Price1490 [CHF] 930 [€]Shipping fees15 [CHF] 10 [€]

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
i don't see how any company can have tuner parts available for this car yet unless bmw has released copies of it to them in advance, which I doubt.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vndkshn said:
i don't see how any company can have tuner parts available for this car yet unless bmw has released copies of it to them in advance, which I doubt.
Some companies in Poland asks us for "rent" our M5 "for tests". I understand that it can be done that way. In Germany M5 are from August 2004 at BMW dealers.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
First, dealers won't turn the cars over to a tuner to play with.
No customers have taken delivery of a car.
This company is advertising specific gains. How can they?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vndkshn said:
First, dealers won't turn the cars over to a tuner to play with.
It is only theory. And everyone know that.
vndkshn said:
No customers have taken delivery of a car.
So?
vndkshn said:
This company is advertising specific gains. How can they?
As I sad it before. For 99% one of dealers geave them car for mapping.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
That engine is pretty much well strung up.
That Company's claim of performance gains look a little bit optimistic.
(but then,who knows?If true,that would be a hell of car)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Yaninnya said:
It is only theory. And everyone know that..
Well, you mention cars were at dealers in Germany since August.. I seriously doubt these cars are the source of any tuning/testing.
Yaninnya said:
So? Who could have sent them a car to test/tune?
Yaninnya said:
As I sad it before. For 99% one of dealers geave them car for mapping.
I SERIOUSLY doubt that. I am sure that any BMW dealer that did that would get nailed to the cross by BMW.

My gut feeling on this? Pie in the sky guesses from them as to what they might be able to do. It was rumored that unlimited the V10 was making in the area of 600hp. It was also stated it hit around 330kph. This company is just taking a guess that they can increase the output to those levels.

My issue.. no computer tuning is going to increase torque that much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How can tuners actually come out with products, if according to what I have been reading, BMW is still finetuning the engine? Isn't that why cars have still not been released to customers? :confused3

·
Registered
704 Posts
absent said:
That engine is pretty much well strung up.
That Company's claim of performance gains look a little bit optimistic.
(but then,who knows?If true,that would be a hell of car)
I disagree here. The V10 isn't really "high strung" from the factory. It makes less HP/L than the E46 I6 despite the V10s vastly superior bore/stroke ratio. BMW has left a lot of potential to work with here.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Gustav said:
Academic guesstimates is my take on this.
You can also say "Talking out of their $%&... rear."

HP increase, ok, I might buy that. Top speed? Sure. Torque? No way. Not that much.

Considering it is a totally new computer, new technology, I imagine it will be many months before we see anything from the aftermarket computer related.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Not to mention, if they tested this on a preproduction engine, who is to say it would work with a production S85? The B.S. flag is flying high over that company IMO.
:cheers:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Mardeth said:
The HP increase sounds feasible, but an increase of 62Nm in torque in a NA motor is BS. But we can dream right? :)
They don't have power curves for proove this. Sometimes it can happen (so huge torque increase) but I want to se the graphs.
From the other side the whole site looks professional but others cars has huge torque increase too, ie:
http://www.digitaltuning.ch/english/index.html (clic on PRODUCTS and search some BMW models)
On turbo engines it is normal but they have big gains in N/A cars. Wunderwaffe? :blink:
But in comparsion with other companies:
http://www.autokorbel.de/autobmw.html (check the max torque revs! :hihi: )
http://www.hs-elektronik.com/datenblatt-d/bmw-e60-m5-507ps.html
it looks a little bit optimistic.
BTW: I found another site:
http://www.ds-motorsport.de/ds_mainframe.html (M modele + M clinic > M5 > E60 > Umruestung)
We must wait. ;)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Sorry, but I would want independant proof of their claims. Massive increases in torque generally require more displacement, or more pressure. I don't see a computer changing that.

·
Registered
704 Posts
vndkshn said:
Sorry, but I would want independant proof of their claims. Massive increases in torque generally require more displacement, or more pressure. I don't see a computer changing that.

Yes. I should have mentioned this when I posted. Additional power will not be an issue from this engine. Extra torque will be difficult, though it may be possible to flatten the band a bit.

I guess my problem is I don't care about peak torque so I never think about it :cool2:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts