BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Engine Splash Shield - it is one peice or 3 peices?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SunglassesGuy 
#1 ·
Bought my car and these pieces were missing. the Aerodynamic covers have arrived, waiting on engine splash guard or Engine compartment screening as BMW calls it.

The Aerodynamic covers are not at all what I expected, I am wondering how all of this will fit together and what fasteners are used. It appears the Aerodynamic covers are attached to the front bumper cover somehow or at least are positioned up under them. But my test fits don't seem like they are made for each other. Any photos or description on how all this goes together would be appreciated. Thanks!

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_5265

Referring to #18 and #20 in the photo.

See less See more
#4 ·
I just had mine off last week. #18 is held onto #20 with plastic fasteners. I have never taken # 20 off of #18 as its always been together. #18 also slips under the lip of the front bumper.
Thanks Guys. Why did they design this as a three piece system, rather than one ? From what you are saying, it can be taken off as it is one piece. does #20 just hang, or does it also slip under the front bumper?

#3 ·
#18 should have predrilled holes for the #20 using #17 plastic rivets. There should be a left and right side.

Mine fell off or was removed from the previous owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.