BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Took delivery of a new 09 E60 and am now getting familiar enough with it to ask some intelligent questions of this august group

What do you all see on the tach at 80-85mph? I see basically the same engine speeds as on my Porsche, which has 4 less cylinders and much smaller displacement. Seems like the M5 would have a more relaxed cruise?

Are there any short-shift kits for the manual? If you have tried one, do you like it?

For Silverstone exterior, what are your preferences on detailing products? My preferred stuff on my other cars (Zaino) doesn't seem to work nearly as well on my M5.

Thanks all in advance for your help!:M5launch:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
992 Posts
Hi All. Took delivery of a new 09 E60 and am now getting familiar enough with it to ask some intelligent questions of this august group

What do you all see on the tach at 80-85mph? I see basically the same engine speeds as on my Porsche, which has 4 less cylinders and much smaller displacement. Seems like the M5 would have a more relaxed cruise?

Are there any short-shift kits for the manual? If you have tried one, do you like it?

For Silverstone exterior, what are your preferences on detailing products? My preferred stuff on my other cars (Zaino) doesn't seem to work nearly as well on my M5.

Thanks all in advance for your help!:M5launch:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Have you tried the Gloss It products? I bought them from Brian at DetailWerkz - I think they work pretty good.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I dunno the exact revs, but the M5 definitely feels like its doing more revs at 80mph in 7th gear than my old 330Ci did at 80 in 5th gear (5th was top gear in that car)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts