BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine not running as smooth as it should be. Under 3000 rpm at constant speed its like its mis firing ever so slightly.

Ive had this problem in the past and cured it to some degree by cleaning the crank sensor but this time thats not working.

I'm thinking towards spark plugs/dist cap/rotor arm. However Im also thinking it might be the Throttle switch. Apparently the lambda sensor can cause this aswell but mine is new.

Serioulsy annoying to drive!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Cyrus said:
Engine not running as smooth as it should be. Under 3000 rpm at constant speed its like its mis firing ever so slightly.

Ive had this problem in the past and cured it to some degree by cleaning the crank sensor but this time thats not working.

I'm thinking towards spark plugs/dist cap/rotor arm. However Im also thinking it might be the Throttle switch. Apparently the lambda sensor can cause this aswell but mine is new.

so its not when your deccelerating? What kind of exhaust do you have?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Cyrus said:

Hi!!
Yours is a 3,6? then it could be the rotor/distr.cap But even more propable cause is that the throttle butterflies aren`t synchronised properly. Get this fixed and I`ll bet that the car goes more smoothly.

:noSMG:
Sakke

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the throttle butterflies is a good idea- will get that done.

Dist cap rotor arm is something I think needs doing as i cant see anything in the SH to say it was ever done.

Thanks Guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts