BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Parting out an M5 Engine due to a big hole in the engine block.

I bought the car at an auction so I don't have the history on the engine. However, I will do what I can to test for functionality and will describe completely, accurately and honestly. Also, If what you buy does not function or you are disatisfied I will gladly give you a refund.

Car Info:
  • 2000 M5
  • 110K miles
Available Parts:
  • AC Compressor $90
  • Cylinder Heads $600 (pair)
  • Fly wheel $300
  • Fuel Injectors and Rails $80
  • Headers $??
  • MAFS $80 (pair) or $45 (each)
  • Radiator $100
  • Starter $50
  • Steering pump $90
  • Vanos units $200 Each
Sold or Unavailable:
  • Alternator (spoken for, may become available)
  • Block (1st thing sold to an artist)
  • Throttle bodies (spoken for may become available)
Too many parts to list, so if you need a part and it is not listed just send me an email (z3mogo AT gmail DOT com) and I will let you know if I have it.

Just trying to get back what I have invested in this car, so I can buy a running or fixable M5.

Thanks,

Lorenzo (zemogo)
email: z3mogo AT gmail DOT com

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Valve Covers, Anyone?

-$280 for the Valve Covers all four pieces (Left and Right upper and bottom covers)

Or Will breakout in pair (left and right)

-$210 for the bottom covers
-$100 for the top covers

Man, I am even thinking of keeping these and dressing them up real nice for my future M5...............but I need to gather more money first to get another M5.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm interested in the power steering pump. Did it groan or make any other noises at parking lot speeds before you took it out?

I don't know. I never drove the car. I did turn it on one time (believe it or not the car did start) but the immediate noise of bang, wang, chalang wang (my interpretation of a lose rod noise) captured my full attention and I instantly shut the car down. I bought the car at an auction so that is all I know.

Thanks,

Lorenzo

·
Registered
735 Posts
I don't know. I never drove the car. I did turn it on one time (believe it or not the car did start) but the immediate noise of bang, wang, chalang wang (my interpretation of a lose rod noise) captured my full attention and I instantly shut the car down. I bought the car at an auction so that is all I know.

Thanks,

Lorenzo
Since you're offering a "return policy," I'll take it :hihi:. PM sent.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, I definately offer a return policy on Mechanical/Electrical parts. I will refund your money + shipping.

Because of this I do my best to describe the parts completely and as honestly as I can.

Replied to your PM in regards to the Steering Pump.

Thanks,

-Lorenzo
z3mogo AT gmail DOT com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.