BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

i unfortunately hydro-locked my engine a couple of weeks back and after opening it we discovered torn conrod's and some serious damage to the block

therefore I need to find a small block with crank, conrod's, pistons etc.

alternatively I can buy a complete engine if the price is right

needs to be in europe though, I can arrange collection if its packed right . . .

PM me for contact details/offers

regards

Ivan

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
UUUHHHH.........hydrolock? How did that happen?
:crying:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
drove onto a flooded road at night, by flooded were talking almost a foot high of water, at speed :( minor cosmetic damage but water got into my baby :( and now she needs some tlc, so am hoping to find something on the boards. already spoken to some breakers but am not sure if they are to be trusted 100% . . . dont wana do another rebuild after this one :/

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a good 100k miler engine here in Ireland. Its running and i can make a recording before i remove it, car is extensivley damaged but all on the side, engine wasnt touched.

Its a 99' engine with one new Vanos unit.

I would have to get 3000euro for it complete - it would come with loom and all ancillaries. shipping would be around 250-300euro.

Thanks
Ben

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tried to send a PM but haven't made enough posts yet to do so :/

can you send me some pics of the damaged side of the car and some of the engine bay please?

email address is ##ivan_alman##@hotmail.com## (please remove ##)

I am flying to the UK in early January so I would detour to Limerick, Ireland for a day to check out the parts personally if I want to purchase them

is this all right with you?

regards and merry Xmas

Ivan

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Ivan,

I am actually only a mile or two from Shannon airport, you should be able to get a flight over from the uk relatively cheaply. I have taken the exhaust and gearbox from the car but will refit exhaust for purpose of hearing it running.

We have awful snow and frost here right now so when it clears up I'll get you some pictures, the car only suffered left hand front suspension and wing damage but it pushed the left hand wheel into the bulkhead and bent the floor, even the bonnet and headlights are undamaged so the engine definitely wasn't touched, anyway I'll get you afew pics.

Thanks
Ben

ben at emtechnik dot com is my email.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ben perfect!!

let me have those pictures as soon as you can, and we shall talk further

Raikku, email sent buddy, sorry cant send PM's until I have 45+ posts :(

cheers guys

Ivan