BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my speed limiter removed and the engine optimized. They told me they took all the engine could deliver, so I got 375 HP instead of 350 HP on the dyno before (That's 430 w/running air pressure HP, instead of the normal 400). That is a 7% increase in power, not bad.
Torque was increased a little, from 444 to 462 Nm mesured (That's 520 instead of the 500).

My question is : is that a danger for the engine, i mean could i have engine problems rapidly, or is that only a minor improvement that will not cause any problem (i hope so..).

In fact they modified some of the factory electronics programmation, so they didn't add anything (chip, etc).
I can bring my car back when I want to reset the standard settings.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wow, 375 at the wheel!!! That's great!!
Tom, may I know what do they do to the car in detail?
-What electronics programming? Is it only that?
-Did you change the exhaust? What brand?
-Intake? or what else?

I am very interested. Any info will be appreciated, cause I'm planning to do some mods to mine too.

Thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hi Tom,
Did the changes bring a noticeable "seat of the pants" improvement?
The dyno reading is from their workshop or an independent dyno?
They would be one of the best in the whole world, considering how much people have broken their teeth (and engines) while trying.
Happy motoring, GeorgeK

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will go back there on tuesday to discuss about their special "Super sound" exhaust.
I have already the Remus, but it is not a big improvement on OEM sound and this brand just not quite right fill the BMW M standing if you know what I mean (here all VW Golf tuned have Remus..), but I must say that the Remus steel quality is perfect (ALL oil marks goes away, even after six months, as new). So they told me that their super sound kit make a "much more powerful" sound. But I need more detail on the quality of steel and the design, which they told was as the standard exhaust. That are hand made exhausts coming from Germany. I think I'll go for it, let's see.

As it is really difficult to feel the difference of the added 30 HP (knowing the big differences of engine efficiency due to change of air pressure, temperature, humidity, altitude that can be in a range of 20% of power loss), I'll let them test it again on the dyno to check if the power improvement is real. Testing it on another dyno would be a good thing too...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And of course I'll try to ask them what changes did their elecronic modifications cause to engine running.

It appears they had to made several tests and the operation was certainly not made in 5 minutes. 2-3 hours would have been probably necessary.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have been in contact with ESS (EUROPEAN SUPERCHARGING) and they claim to have a working model of a SUPERCHARGED M5 (with 587bhp)...... they claim that after road testing it for another 500km they will be SELLING this supercharger kit as a bolt on accessory........sounds pretty exciting. THey orginally thought they would get over 600bhp but due to the high compression of the M5 engine (they had to lower the compression as it is), 600bhp was not feasible, although the tech said that 587bhp is "mind-bogling"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts