BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Just FYI, my tuner still has not committed to the 23rd, so Adam, the car may sit in your garage for a bit if the tuning doesn't happen on the 23rd!

--Peter
The herruberBeast is welcome here as long as is necessary. Hopefully that won't be the case. :M5launch:

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
When is everyone getting in?

--Ray
The OH crew, Timmay, Chris (hdhntr23), and Brian(lunker325) + CA crew, Steve (havasusteve), will be arriving Friday the 20th around 1pm.......

I know I have already expressed this, but I am getting stoked to see this amazing group of friends again.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Mango Grove - Some of the best Indian food I have had, and it's right in Columbia!!!!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
we'll say 1 option coded: $15 - 2 and up: $20?

commonly asked for:

- remote windows up
- fogs on w/ high beams (HID fogs don't flick on and off constantly)
- "hot climate" AC setting
- alarm lights/sounds configured
- bulb-out warnings canceled

if you can think of options you'd like, I'll let you know if I can do it.
I'm interested in the remote windows up, fogs w/ high beams, and turning my "hot climate" AC setting off. Not sure if it is on or not, but it seems to blow way too cold on auto. Please set aside some time for my car, and thanks for offering this up!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Matt, I know for sure I want to have my window up option turned on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
we'll say 1 option coded: $15 - 2 and up: $20?

commonly asked for:

- remote windows up
- fogs on w/ high beams (HID fogs don't flick on and off constantly)
- "hot climate" AC setting
- alarm lights/sounds configured
- bulb-out warnings canceled

if you can think of options you'd like, I'll let you know if I can do it.
I would really like to turn off the annoying autolock at 5mph plus maybe change a few other things.

·
Registered
870 Posts
just purchased the ticket

OK Guys,

I purchased my plane ticket tonight, and will be there friday the 20th, late morning/early afternoon. I am looking forward to meeting all of you and definitely excited to see this monster engine swap happen. I will assist however I can be helpful...parts organization, cleaning, etc...

I am much better at fixing backs, necks, and shoulders;)

I offered a while back to provide a place to stay...my sister's second home and I still need to ask her....she should be back from florida. However, it is in Taneytown, MD which is a little hike from Columbia, but still an option.... especially if you guys get booted out of the hotel:biggrin:

Peter, 23 days until engine swap:woowoo:

James

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Three weeks from today, it begins. I need to order some parts and stuff (new sensors, TB gaskets, spark plugs, oil, etc.)!

My tuner yesterday confirmed that he is available on the 23rd. He is still running some numbers to ensure that the ECU will be able to scale 750+cc injectors, which is what the math shows that this engine will need (more than double the existing injector size/flow).

All systems go!

--Peter

·
Registered
5,725 Posts

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Peter,

I don't want to steal your thunder for the weekend, but could I use the gathering of all these minds to do a little work on my car on the side? I need to do some odds and ends stuff and just won't have the time until then. Plus with all if the people who are attending and want to "get dirty" I would gladly accept a little help.....

-oil separator hoses (I've never had the plenum off, would feel more comfortable with someone who has being there)
-drive shaft center bearing (if there is room and time)
-I need to pull the front bumper back off and align it again.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
OK Guys,

I purchased my plane ticket tonight, and will be there friday the 20th, late morning/early afternoon. I am looking forward to meeting all of you and definitely excited to see this monster engine swap happen. I will assist however I can be helpful...parts organization, cleaning, etc...

I am much better at fixing backs, necks, and shoulders;)

I offered a while back to provide a place to stay...my sister's second home and I still need to ask her....she should be back from florida. However, it is in Taneytown, MD which is a little hike from Columbia, but still an option.... especially if you guys get booted out of the hotel:biggrin:

James

Do you have transportation from the airport?

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
How much will you be charging for coding? Windows up and turning on my alarm "beep" when locking/unlocking......
I'm interested in the remote windows up, fogs w/ high beams, and turning my "hot climate" AC setting off. Not sure if it is on or not, but it seems to blow way too cold on auto. Please set aside some time for my car, and thanks for offering this up!
Matt, I know for sure I want to have my window up option turned on.
Peter,

I don't want to steal your thunder for the weekend, but could I use the gathering of all these minds to do a little work on my car on the side? I need to do some odds and ends stuff and just won't have the time until then. Plus with all if the people who are attending and want to "get dirty" I would gladly accept a little help.....

-oil separator hoses (I've never had the plenum off, would feel more comfortable with someone who has being there)

Gentlemen,

Looks like from these posts we have decided to all take our beasts? Im down with either a caravan or a car pool in 1-2 vehicles. Either way is fine with me BUT based on these threads it looks like the decision has been made yes?

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #116 (Edited)
Peter,

Of course! We are going to have so many eager helping hands, we can tackle your oil separator hoses and your bumper quickly and easily. DS center bearing, I don't know, as I've never done it. I'm sure Raza has, however.

--Peter

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Gentlemen,

Looks like from these posts we have decided to all take our beasts? Im down with either a caravan or a car pool in 1-2 vehicles. Either way is fine with me BUT based on these threads it looks like the decision has been made yes?
I thought we already squared this away? Yes we are all driving the Beasts...... Do you think Dan would want to come? I asked him once. Brian, stop by so you can check out my radios one night after work.

Of course! We are going to have so many eager helping hands, we can tackle your oil separator hoses and your bumper quickly and easily. DS center bearing, I don't know, as I've never done it. I'm sure Raza has, however.

--Peter
Thank you Sir.

I wish vantaam was coming, he mentioned something about flying over. He has a DIY thread on the board, it doesn't look too bad really....

I don't want to spend too much time on my car because I want to take as many pictures as possible. Business pics of your power plant and candid pics of the group. This is a meeting of EPIC proportions, we need to capture every aspect of this weekend.

Thank you again Adam for hosting.....

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
So jealous. So, so jealous.

You guys are going to have a great time, for sure.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Kelster,

I'll have to go for a ride before I buy springs, I'm up in the air over 375# or 325# - it is my DD. My set came with 250lb rears and they're simply way too soft.
Happy to let you take a ride in the S3.

--Ray

PS Booked my reservation at the Hilton this morning!

101 - 120 of 307 Posts