BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
lol.....by back in the day, you mean like, April? They didn't even have jack stands when we were young. Cinderblocks were a backyard garage mechanics best friend.
. You're really pushing some stinky stuff with this schtick, Sparky!
you guys both know you laughed, dont deny it. :haha:

edit-i think it was actually march adam, not april, dont get things twisted! LOL!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Great news! Can't wait.

Some other good news.....today I purchased a 25,000 BTU A/C unit - donations humbly accepted Steve! - and will be installing this monster in the next few days. I just can't take another 110 afternoon in there. You see, I may be living in there soon if my wife finds out all recent expenditures, speeding ticket, etc. This includes the ESS S/C that has no clue about, although she has commented on an odd whistling noise coming from under the hood. I thank god every day for clueless women.:M5thumbs:
You are welcome to join us, however you'll probably have to climb over a bunch of us if your looking to turn bolts. I wouldn't get too worked up over meeting Raza. He ain't all that and will most likely offend you in some way.:haha:

Guys, we will have A/C. But it hasn't been easy. The first unit I bought and delivered turned out to be damaged upon opening the crate. Same with the second one. After a frantic crosstown search in 102 degrees before every unit in the area was sold, the third one seems to be the charm. I'm looking to install it in the back wall, pointed straight at the lift area. Relief will be ours! If I don't die installing it.:M5thumbs:

Adam,

I was trying to say thanks for the install today on the phone when the call got dropped. I was on (CA) highway 1 in the middle of no-where looking at trees, mountains, and rock on one side of me (3 ft away) and the ocean 30 ft on the other side. Anyway, sorry the call got dropped and it was good talking to you.

All, in talking to Adam, I think its offical, we should book the Hilton, its off the beaten path by about 2-3 minutes so our cars will be safer. Its pet friendly and on the way to Adam's garage!

If anyone has any questions about that hotel let me know.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I am ready to book, the address is 5485 Twin Knolls Road, Columbia, Maryland 21045-3247, correct? I just want to make sure before I press the button.

Sounds like a great weekend is shaping up!

-Josiah

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Just a heads-up: Howard county (Columbia, and where Adam) , even when on the "beaten path" is a county I wouldn't worry [too much] about leaving my car outside - I wouldn't be surprised if it were one of the safest per-capita counties in the country.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
back in the day we didnt have AC or much lighting in my garage. 1 75watt bulb in a 2 car garage is all you needed. all you whipper snappers and your 20 car garages with 100 fluorescent tubes and climate controled areas. we worked with jack stands, you kids and your rotary lifts still complain!

I think if your nose found itself within a 15-foot radius of us a few weekends ago when doing Adam's diff, you'd have complained too!!!! :hihi:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Adam, poor Raza, the guy we love to hate. :eek:

Joking aside, he's a genuine guy, no BS,
You were doing just fine until you listed 'no BS' as one of his qualities. Are you sure we are talking about the same guy?:hihi: j/k

what you see is what you get. You know we all secretly love him.

Really sorry I can't join you that weekend as Mid Ohio calls...

Richard...

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
It was garbled due to the fact that you were mumbling. And try losing the smartass remarks.
It drove really hard over the bumps. I got the Coil Over set up that Peter has, but with slightly softer settings per Peter's recommendation. The details are in my signature.
You were doing just fine until you listed 'no BS' as one of his qualities. Are you sure we are talking about the same guy?:hihi: j/k
pot? black? kettle?

im just sayyin :confused:

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I am ready to book, the address is 5485 Twin Knolls Road, Columbia, Maryland 21045-3247, correct? I just want to make sure before I press the button.

Sounds like a great weekend is shaping up!

-Josiah
Yes thats the one!

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Adam,

I was trying to say thanks for the install today on the phone when the call got dropped. I was on (CA) highway 1 in the middle of no-where looking at trees, mountains, and rock on one side of me (3 ft away) and the ocean 30 ft on the other side. Anyway, sorry the call got dropped and it was good talking to you.

All, in talking to Adam, I think its offical, we should book the Hilton, its off the beaten path by about 2-3 minutes so our cars will be safer. Its pet friendly and on the way to Adam's garage!

Uh Chris, we didn't get cut off. I hung up on you after you told me where you were. The PCH is one of my favorite roads and last straw was when you told me it was 65 degrees there. If there was a "dog" emoticon, I'd post it here. ;) ...........Good talking to you too, bro.

That Hilton should serve the purpose. Pet friendly and, although located in a mostly residential area, is reasonably convenient to everything you're coming here for. Plus, all the rooms are on Chris!

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Is there a bigger thanks button? Because you need it. I will gladly donate 1/2 of my GT1 coding $$$ to the Adam's AC-unit fund!!!
How much will you be charging for coding? Windows up and turning on my alarm "beep" when locking/unlocking......

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Yes thats the one!
Thanks! Booked!

How much will you be charging for coding? Windows up and turning on my alarm "beep" when locking/unlocking......
I would be interested to know approximately the pricing as well but probably won't start making lists yet as there are probably options I don't even know exist!

-Josiah

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
we'll say 1 option coded: $15 - 2 and up: $20?

commonly asked for:

- remote windows up
- fogs on w/ high beams (HID fogs don't flick on and off constantly)
- "hot climate" AC setting
- alarm lights/sounds configured
- bulb-out warnings canceled

if you can think of options you'd like, I'll let you know if I can do it.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Ok, so where do we stand? (You guys know how I am about details) Who is staying where?

1. Clemster
1. herrubermensch (Hilton?)
2. Raza (Hilton?)
3. havastusteve03beast (Hilton for sure)
4. Hdhntr23 (Hilton for sure)
5. Timmay77 (Hilton for sure)
6. Lunker325 (Hilton for sure)
7. Kelster (tentative)
8. mattmartindrift
9. josiahg52 (tentative only because my job sucks in that regard)

Again, Peter, you and the Misses are welcome to use MCINCO during your stay, I can hitch a ride with Brian or Chris.

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)
Ok, so where do we stand? (You guys know how I am about details) Who is staying where?

1. Clemster
1. herrubermensch (Hilton?)
2. Raza (Hilton?)
7. Kelster (tentative)
8. mattmartindrift
9. josiahg52 (tentative only because my job sucks in that regard)

Again, Peter, you and the Misses are welcome to use MCINCO during your stay, I can hitch a ride with Brian or Chris.
You are very kind, Tim. We are going to stay at the Hilton. Made the reservations tonight! All booked!

Just FYI, my tuner still has not committed to the 23rd, so Adam, the car may sit in your garage for a bit if the tuning doesn't happen on the 23rd!

--Peter

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
1. Clemster
1. herrubermensch (Hilton for sure)
2. Raza (Hilton?)
7. Kelster (tentative)
8. mattmartindrift
9. josiahg52 (Hilton for sure)

Made my reservation this morning. Peter, I took the liberty of removing the question mark from your name.

-Josiah

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Updated.

1. Clemster
1. herrubermensch (Hilton for sure)
2. Raza (Hilton for sure) Spoke with Raza tonight
7. Kelster (tentative)
8. mattmartindrift
9. josiahg52 (Hilton for sure)

No problem Peter, least I can do....

Adam, could you scope out some dinner establishments? I'm sure we will do a quick breakfast in the mornings, lunch in the shop, and clean up for a nice dinner at least 1 of the 2 nights? Maybe both? Then maybe a nightcap at a local pub? Don't mean to be pushy, you guys know how I am about schedules.....

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Adam, could you scope out some dinner establishments? I'm sure we will do a quick breakfast in the mornings, lunch in the shop, and clean up for a nice dinner at least 1 of the 2 nights? Maybe both? Then maybe a nightcap at a local pub? Don't mean to be pushy, you guys know how I am about schedules.....
Yes, many choices for a decent meal and exist in Columbia. Finding a cold beer shouldn't pose much of a challenge either. I'll explore and make suggestions.

I'm sure some local enthusiasts will be in attendance at various points over the weekend. BWM guys around here are a social bunch.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
When is everyone getting in?

--Ray

81 - 100 of 307 Posts