BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Little update.

Still waiting on charcoal canister. Is waiting for me at my local depot for collection.

So I had a chance to get car up on a ramp on Saturday so stuck her on and thought I'd swap over the the pre cat oxygen sensors as when I first got fault there was a couple of codes for the bank 2 sensor.

So swapped over and now the other side of the engine is misfiring. Hopefully this could be the issue.
Have ordered a new sensor which will arrive on Tuesday. So here's hoping.

I will change over the canister on Monday hopefully. Now that my attention has been brought to the whoosh noise when I open cap to refuel I realise something else is wrong.

I really can't make up my mind whether sell the m6 as recently I've had issues and seem to be spending a lot of money.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Stripped car down for charcoal canister tomorrow and there is no canister. The only reference or diy I can find is for the M5 but believed it would be the same location! Any help?

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok so the M6 charcoal canister is located underneath car beside the wheel well/exhaust! Really easy to get into etc. I was following the M5 instructions! Oops!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Final update.

Replace a pre-cat oxygen sensor and now car is running prefer again. Also fitting the new jar oak canister has stopped the fuel tank vacuum problem. Thanks Jim.

It's so good to have her back running properly! Thanks forum.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ok so the M6 charcoal canister is located underneath car beside the wheel well/exhaust! Really easy to get into etc. I was following the M5 instructions! Oops!
Hey man... do you have a pic to show where the Charcoal canister is for the M6 pls?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
7 Participants
Awbimmer
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing