BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Little update.

Still waiting on charcoal canister. Is waiting for me at my local depot for collection.

So I had a chance to get car up on a ramp on Saturday so stuck her on and thought I'd swap over the the pre cat oxygen sensors as when I first got fault there was a couple of codes for the bank 2 sensor.

So swapped over and now the other side of the engine is misfiring. Hopefully this could be the issue.
Have ordered a new sensor which will arrive on Tuesday. So here's hoping.

I will change over the canister on Monday hopefully. Now that my attention has been brought to the whoosh noise when I open cap to refuel I realise something else is wrong.

I really can't make up my mind whether sell the m6 as recently I've had issues and seem to be spending a lot of money.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Final update.

Replace a pre-cat oxygen sensor and now car is running prefer again. Also fitting the new jar oak canister has stopped the fuel tank vacuum problem. Thanks Jim.

It's so good to have her back running properly! Thanks forum.

Ok so the M6 charcoal canister is located underneath car beside the wheel well/exhaust! Really easy to get into etc. I was following the M5 instructions! Oops!
Hey man... do you have a pic to show where the Charcoal canister is for the M6 pls?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks v much. I had managed to change it a few months ago now so all good. Thanks!

Hi guys

Car hasn't been running great recently, idling up and down, jerking when accelerating, seemed down on power. At weekend it gave me following codes

2B47 misfire impairing exhaust cyl 6
2B48 misfire impairing exhaust cyl 7
2B49 misfire impairing exhaust cyl 8
2B4A misfire impairing exhaust cyl 9
2B4B misfire impairing exhaust cyl 10
2B4E misfire impairing exhaust multiple cyl
275D Oxygen sensor limit position error, bank 1
27CB Oxygen sensor restart diagnosis after catalytic converter, bank 2
27AB Oxygen sensor adaptation at limit position before catalytic converter bank2
2B3A misfire with cutoff cyl 6
2B3B misfire with cutoff cyl 7
2B3C misfire with cutoff cyl 8
2B3D misfire with cutoff cyl 9
2B3E misfire with cutoff cyl 10
2B41 misfire with cutoff multiple cyl

Any ideas? Was thinking maybe a bad oxygen sensor? Possible ionic module or fuel pressure regulator?

Any help appreciated! Have been using my partners tt for the past few days as I have had no time to look at my beast and I really need my beast back! Although I do like the dsg transmission!
[/ QUOTE]

Hi All,

I have the same problem, it shows me all the same errors. My fuel tank also makes a noise when opening. For some reason, only the left side of the cylinders shows an error. I changed the lambda probe and it did not help, but my exhaust has no catalysts.
I also changed the spark plugs idle sensors it did not help.
My engine also becomes an error at idle and only in warm weather. When the temperature is minus, it works without problems.
I do not know what to do next.
Is there any advice?

Best Rich

If it were fewer cyclinders misfiring, I would suggest swapping ionic sensors and seeing if the codes moved - but a whole bank.....
GIven that it's all cylinders on one bank - along with that last message - it may be the death throws of the throttle actuator(s). Have they ever been replaced? You could swap them and see if the codes move to the other bank. I had issues with mine and went through the whole process of buying proper wheels / gears - but ultimately it came down to at least one new one due to circuit boad issues. I believe that there is someone who rebuilds those boards. It's been a while for me in working on the M5 so I'm not current on the easiest approaches to each problem anymore.

I
If it were fewer cyclinders misfiring, I would suggest swapping ionic sensors and seeing if the codes moved - but a whole bank.....
GIven that it's all cylinders on one bank - along with that last message - it may be the death throws of the throttle actuator(s). Have they ever been replaced? You could swap them and see if the codes move to the other bank. I had issues with mine and went through the whole process of buying proper wheels / gears - but ultimately it came down to at least one new one due to circuit boad issues. I believe that there is someone who rebuilds those boards. It's been a while for me in working on the M5 so I'm not current on the easiest approaches to each problem anymore.
Hi there. Will try that. I’m looking for any air leak might cause it, then will try to swap the ionics. If not then will try the idle/throttle actuators swap. But a throttle ctautors just been serviced with gears exchange. They should be fine I guess. Thanks mate, will be hell of the job I guess

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.