BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been working on my car for over a year building it for the Gumball with the aim at making a 14 year old car compete with the newer models.
At first i built a 2755cc Alpina M20 which i took to the limits but after the Hillclimb 2 month ago i decided to swap the engine as it didnt cut the mustard.

I have fitted an M3 engine which is being turbocharged with power output around 550hp and sub 4 sec 60`s.

Problem is, Gumball HQ dont think that an "ORIGINAL" Alpina E30 Cabriolet (one of only 3 ever produced by Alpina direct) is not there cup of tea.

I can understand that it`s not the best car out there but it has a pedigree as an 80`s icon and ultra rare too.
I could of bought a porsche or a similar car (in my meagre budget) but wanted to build the ultimate e30.

It just greeves me why they wont look at what is an astonishing iconic classic car (i like it :hihi: )

Anyway, here is the pics of the new install.





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
E30Gumball said:
I hid behind my car which I knew would give me a good view of the whole street so I could see which car she got out of on her return.
What happened, What happened !!

Anyway, maybe it would help if you got a few people from here to send them an email as to why they won't consider you when you've put in so much effort. Sometimes I think that Gumball only accept cars that will look good on the DVD to attract more people to buy.

I want good chase scenes !!! Not to watch a Koenigsegg break down !!! And I certainly don't want that Kim Mazell or whatever her name was on ESC, whine whine whine. Oh my career's gone, I'll do the Gumball in a police car (because that hasn't been done before) and that will make me more appealing to the public !!!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must of coppied and pasted that wording onto the bottom by mistake when i was adding the pictures but here it is in full:

I would be most grateful for any advice anyone could give on this matter of deep concern to me.

For sometime now I've suspected that my girlfriend may be cheating on me.

You know the sort of thing. The phone rings, I answer,someone hangs up.

Recently she has started going out 'with the girls' a lot and when I ask which girls it's always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them".

I always used keep an eye out for her taxi coming home but now she always walks up to the flat although I can hear a car setting off as if she has just got out of one around the corner.

The other day I picked up her mobile, just to see what time it was, and she went mental, screaming at me that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with her. I kind of think deep down I don't really want to know the truth. But then last night she went out again and I decided that I would check up on her.

I hid behind my car which I knew would give me a good view of the whole street so I could see which car she got out of on her return.

It was whilst crouched behind my car that I noticed rust around my rear wheel arch.


Do you think I should take it into a body repair shop or should I buy some stuff from Halfords and try to repair it myself...... :)))


------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, as for the car, It would be good to get some feedback, i am going to the german event with Domonic List at the end of the month so we will see how the car competes but with 12 sec quarters i think it will hold out well :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,383 Posts
E30Gumball said:
I must of coppied and pasted that wording onto the bottom by mistake when i was adding the pictures but here it is in full:

I would be most grateful for any advice anyone could give on this matter of deep concern to me.

For sometime now I've suspected that my girlfriend may be cheating on me.

You know the sort of thing. The phone rings, I answer,someone hangs up.

Recently she has started going out 'with the girls' a lot and when I ask which girls it's always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them".

I always used keep an eye out for her taxi coming home but now she always walks up to the flat although I can hear a car setting off as if she has just got out of one around the corner.

The other day I picked up her mobile, just to see what time it was, and she went mental, screaming at me that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with her. I kind of think deep down I don't really want to know the truth. But then last night she went out again and I decided that I would check up on her.

I hid behind my car which I knew would give me a good view of the whole street so I could see which car she got out of on her return.

It was whilst crouched behind my car that I noticed rust around my rear wheel arch.


Do you think I should take it into a body repair shop or should I buy some stuff from Halfords and try to repair it myself...... :)))


------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, as for the car, It would be good to get some feedback, i am going to the german event with Domonic List at the end of the month so we will see how the car competes but with 12 sec quarters i think it will hold out well :)
I've read that one a few days ago. Great joke. :haha:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Christ that is one hell of an engine, my E36 3.2 went some but that with a turbo and in a lighter E30? Your nuts!!! Good luck.



A bit disappointing not getting on the Gumball.



But remember there is always something better around the corner....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
closeshave said:
Christ that is one hell of an engine, my E36 3.2 went some but that with a turbo and in a lighter E30? Your nuts!!! Good luck.
Sorry to change the subject a bit, I am buying an E36 3.2 - I would just like to know what you thought of yours closeshave?

Was it an smg?



BTW E30Gumball Love what you've done to your car - it's much better to build yourself something unique - that way you know no one else is going to have one!kinggf
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Slope said:
Sorry to change the subject a bit, I am buying an E36 3.2 - I would just like to know what you thought of yours closeshave?

Was it an smg?



BTW E30Gumball Love what you've done to your car - it's much better to build yourself something unique - that way you know no one else is going to have one!kinggf

It was a 98 with a Manuel Box, Estoril Blue with Silver leather.
I loved it; the car was so much fun. The gradual oversteer was predictable and after Karting it was soo much fun. Buy one.

I heard the SMG was no good on the E36, only tried it briefly so I can’t say. But I can report the new M3's SMG is great fun.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top