BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bores had almost no wear! not a score mark anywhere. All that was needed was a light hone and that was that.....

Pistons are the original ones too. Used my secret cleaning technique on them. New rings of course!

Bottom end had Crank dynamically balanced, new shells and bolts etc etc....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Spot on mate, theres been alot of time sweat and money spent to get us to this point. (maybe a little more of your sweat than mine ;) )
Lets crack on and get the car finished now!!
More f##kin money. LOL

·
Registered
907 Posts
@ Matty B,

Very nice build up ! May I ask how much did you pay for all six piston rings ?

As far as I can see you are re-using the old pistons, right ?

Thanks
Anri

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@ Matty B,

Very nice build up ! May I ask how much did you pay for all six piston rings ?

As far as I can see you are re-using the old pistons, right ?

Thanks
Anri
I havn't got the BMW invoice to hand but im fairly sure the rings were around £70ish + vat a piston. £2000 bought a small cardboard box of parts that was only half full:grrrr:.....lol.

Im currently building a 911 Turbo engine, rings for that are only £15 per piston, and the total for build parts less than a grand! .... S38's are money munchers !!!!!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Thanks for info.

·
Registered
135 Posts
@ Dave its funny you say that mate, Mat was only saying this weekend that hes losing his hair LOL.

@ Stija engine is a stock build a few goodies would av been nice but unfortunatly are pockets arent that deep, the car its self will be far from stock tho as shes been a 520i most her life.

@ Ferrari Bmw nice pics of engine, i must say we love a painted S38, heres a pic of my 3.8.
Would love to see a few more pics of your car if thats in an e30

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.