BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Correct. You will have to live without cornering lights unless you want to venture into the retrofit described.
I can live with that. Should I back out all of the changes I made to the LMA module? They didn't seem to impact anything.

BTW, thanks again for all your help. You are still the MAN!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
You can leave the changes. It won't affect anything. You might want yo take a look at all those nicht_aktiv's on the bulb checks. They're only needed for aftermarket bulbs, as in LEDs or HID's. There's no harm the way it is, but if a stock bulb fails, you won't know it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi zerocks1. I thought I'll play around with this mod today, but had no luck forcing it to work...

I was following the instructions on the first page, but every time I've coded the LMA it had few values added after the module was re-read, like here:

Coded:
V_E_LO_KRV
wert_01
V_E_HI_KRV
wert_01

Re-read:
V_E_LO_KRV
wert_01
wert_04
V_E_HI_KRV
wert_01
wert_04

Car is EU 2007 E63 630i. Any clues? :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
secik, usually a euro model has cornering lights standard, as I understand it. If that's not correct, post your LM2 trc file ( the last read). And what us your model year?

I will look at it once the US holiday weekend is over and I'm back home (Wednesday)

·
Registered
5 Posts
secik, usually a euro model has cornering lights standard, as I understand it. If that's not correct, post your LM2 trc file ( the last read). And what us your model year?

I will look at it once the US holiday weekend is over and I'm back home (Wednesday)
That's what I thought as well, but mine didn't have quite a lot of different things enabled that normal EU version would have (welcome lights being one of them)...

I've uploaded the files:

LM2_OLD is the one before I've made the changes described in the first post
LM2_NEW is the one with changes

Cheers,
Bart

Attachments

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Secik, when I looked at your 'NEW" file in NCSDummy, a number of conflicts came up as did in your 'OLD' file posted. Someone may have played around with the LM file before your ownership. I say that as you mention a number of EU options are not enabled when normally be default they should be.

The main line of code I see was having a conflict was max_heizzeit. (Maximum lamp heating time). I changed your defaults to wert 01, 03, 04, 05, and checked all the other lines that enable cornering lights with light switch in AUTO mode, lights activated when dark, and wheels turned.

just to verify;

- your 07 has inner H7 bulbs (filament bulbs), and are used as flash to pass hi beams? and/or factory DRL's which are/were controlled through iDrive? Post back before you try the attached file.

Attached is a file to try, rename it as FSW_PSW.MAN (all files) , and try writing it using the usual method. Then re reread the LM module. Also note what DATEN file is being used to read the module (middle left side of screen after a successful read). It will be LM2_E6X.C35 or similar. Post what that is.

Also attached is a EURO LM file so you can compare yours to a stock EU version. (Not UK but should be the same)

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi zerocks1,

Correct, I've got the H7 as flash to pass and DRLs controlled through iDrive.

I'll give it a go later when I'm back, but by looking at those two files (EU vs mine) there's loads of differences there...

Cheers

·
Registered
549 Posts
Credit for this DIY goes to member JAFF who figured this out when I became stumped. Using both nettodat and NCS settings, Jaff triumphed!

Thank you on behalf of all the other Board members. Great work and excellent intuitive coding.

This is for E63/E64 models.

So what are cornering lights? In EU models, while turning the steering when the headlights are on, either the Fog Light or Inner lights (brights/OEM AE's), will illuminate at full brilliance on the side of the car in conjunction with the direction of turn, thereby lighting up the road. The changes below will allow these cornering lights to remain on for the duration of time that the wheels are turned.

Conditions:
- Light switch in auto position
- Dark enough that headlights are on (you can block the light sensor behind rear view mirror to test)
- Steering wheel turned left or right
- Directionals do not need to be on
- Additional; while reversing and wheels turned, cornering lights enabled
- All speeds (including stationary), other than within 65-70km/hr (40-43 mph), cornering lights will be enabled

This can be modified to require directionals on, reverse gear enable/disable, speed changes to accommodate when you want them to illuminate and when you don't.

The settings below refer to the conditions above

1. Using NCSExpert, read your LM (light module) in the usual way (File size should be approximately 34kb, not 192kb). The 192 kb is the LM partition that holds the VO codes. Read it twice to insure your c:/ncsexper/work/fsw_psw.trc file is approximatley 34kb.
It should start with;

PWM_ANST_FL_BIXENON
wert_03
not
HELL_OFFSET_DEFAULT
hell_default

2. Modify that file as follows:

V_E_LO_KRV (Cornering lights minimum switch off speed in curves)
wert_01
V_E_HI_KRV (Cornering lights maximum switch off speed in curves)
wert_01
EINLENKEN_RKW (Cornering lights in reverse only when turning)
aktiv
ENTGEGENGES_RKW (Cornering lights in both directions when reversing and turning)
aktiv
PWM_FL_NSW_FKT_ABBLIEGELI (Pulse width modulation control of cornering lights-voltage setting)
wert_01
ALC_SCHWENK_BEI_S_FLC (Cornering ligts enabled with light switch set to automatic)
aktiv
DEF_ABBIEGELICHT_CKM (Default car/key memory for cornering- turns on the fact that any fob you use will enable the cornering lights)
aktiv
UNP_ABBIEGELICHT_CKM (Unpersonalized car/key memory for cornering lights (for use with key fob as well-necessary with above line)
aktiv
ABBIEGELICHT_CKM_0 (car/key memory 1 for cornering lights-enables first fob that is registered with CAS-necessary)
aktiv
ABBIEGELICHT_CKM_1 (same as above for fob #2)
aktiv
ABBIEGELICHT_CKM_2 (same as above for fob #3)
aktiv
ABBIEGELICHT_CKM_3 (same as above for fob #4)

3. Save the file in the usual manner; save as FSW_PSW.MAN (all files). Yes to overwrite
4. Write that new .MAN file in the usual manner to the LMA module
5. Car off; car on, test new cornering lights

I am going to upgrade the H7 high beams (pre-LCI) bulbs to the picture below, so they are as white and bright as my AE's and LED strip AE's

Enjoy everyone, and again cudos to Member JAFF for uncovering this excellent lighting mod.

Thanks Mr. Jaff!

on the video you got a clacking noise from the engine in the backround !

i got the same .. vanos pump ..

M5 e60 After Coldstart Noise ?? - YouTube

here you can hear it in the backround its like a clacking noise from a chain !

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Thank you for the good hearing. That's more an echo in the garage than anything else I believe. Car sounds the same as it did when new, but I'll keep a listen for it changing none the less...Thus far, problem free after 5+ years.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I have E91 LCI bixenon AHL (cornering light are in the inner headlight using H3 bulb).

I would replace H3 bulb with led light, so I need to disable canbus check.

Anyone can confirm it's sufficient do it:

KALTUE_FL_M2_6_M1_04 - COLD MONITORING OF HIGH BEAMS
nicht_aktiv

canbus check of cornering light is related to high beam? or to angel eyes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I have E91 LCI bixenon AHL (cornering light are in the inner headlight using H3 bulb).

I would replace H3 bulb with led light, so I need to disable canbus check.

Anyone can confirm it's sufficient do it:

nicht_aktiv

canbus check of cornering light is related to high beam? or to angel eyes?
What ECU's did you code to get your cornering lights functioning on the E91? Do you have the LM module, or NRFM like I do in my E90. I have played around with the coding, but have been unable to get inner headlights or fog lights to work on cornering. I have the option Cornering Lights in my i-drive screen, but they are not working. They do work on pulling back the stalk as flash to pass. I am in Australia.

Cheers,
Neil

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes, go with this:

nicht_aktiv

but also this:

WARMUE_FL_M2_6_M1_04 - HOT MONITORING OF HIGH BEAMS
nicht_aktiv

this worked fine for my E91 LCi with FRM3

·
Registered
119 Posts
H8bulbs do one thing only . Angel eye. At two different power settings

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys i have E63 3.5D 2009 and i can't activate my cornering lights. I've tried everything and no... Can you help? Thanks a lot!

61 - 76 of 76 Posts