BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks. I mentioned that I tried coding unsuccessfully 3 times. I failed to mention that the first time I tried it, I did exactly what you put in your post. When it didn't work, I recoded by putting the wert_01 in front of the previous entries as it is now. I'll try it again this evening.

I want to make sure I'm doing this right. Here are my coding steps:

1. open ncsexpert program
2. load profile (FSW_PSW.MAN)
3. F1
4. F3
5. Select E60
6. select CAS (there is an option to select LMA here)
7. wait for VIN to populate
8. then press F6 (back)
9. now F4 (process ecu)
10. select LMA module

My question is about step 6. For all my other coding I have selected CAS at this step. For this, should I be selecting LMA instead?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The steps are correct. There is a last step missing however. Execute job after step 10. Just to be sure, have you successfully coded other modules with the same profile you load to do this?

If it still doesn't work we go to adding two more additional wert lines to the same two v_e_xxxx lines we are working on. It doesn't like those two lines and may require wert_01 plus two other additions. We'll get to that if what I sent does not work. Also, a descriptive screenshot or error log will get to the root quicker.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's fantastic! Do any of these mods affect your warranties?
They don't. Not these kinds of changes. Dealer won't even know these are changed unless he/she happens to use that particular function and notices it. But for the most part, these changes do not cause warranty issues that anyone has reported. If the dealer ever upgrades the cars SW completely, it will wipe the changes and they will have to be reprogrammed again.

Disclaimer; any dealer can pin a problem on any change to a factory spec. Made by the customer. Although unlikely, there is always a chance it could cause a warranty discussion. I've just never heard of it happening from members.

·
Registered
42 Posts
OK. Thanks. I'll try again tonite. BTW, I haven't receive any errors in my previous attempts. Coding ends normally, but when I try it out, I don't get what is shown in the video.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
OK. Thanks. I'll try again tonite. BTW, I haven't receive any errors in my previous attempts. Coding ends normally, but when I try it out, I don't get what is shown in the video.
After you try it again. If it doesn't work, Reread the LM module immediately after a shutdown and re ign on of the car ( not started). See if the changes particularly on the two lines we are discussing remain as you changed them.

We will get this to work for you

·
Registered
42 Posts
After you try it again. If it doesn't work, Reread the LM module immediately after a shutdown and re ign on of the car ( not started). See if the changes particularly on the two lines we are discussing remain as you changed them.

We will get this to work for you
No go again. Coding ended normally and without error, but no cornering lights. I reread the LMA module and it reads:

V_E_LO_KRV
wert_01
wert_04
wert_07

V_E_HI_KRV
wert_01
wert_04
wert_07

The other coding changes look ok. Any idea why my changes aren't taking?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Also, check that the inner brights are actually working. Pull the stalk towards you (flash to pass). Make sure they do in fact illuminate.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Ah! so the cornering light codes are not the issue. You have a flash to pass issue. When you pull on the stalk for high beams, do any lights illuminate? What about pushing the stalk forward to hi beams on, does anything illuminate.

have you ever seen hi beams work in any condition since you had the car?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ah! so the cornering light codes are not the issue. You have a flash to pass issue. When you pull on the stalk for high beams, do any lights illuminate? What about pushing the stalk forward to hi beams on, does anything illuminate.

have you ever seen hi beams work in any condition since you had the car?
It looks like the outer headlights double as the highbeams. When I pull the stalk, they raise slightly and brighten. The writing on the lights say they are "BMW Dynamic XENON. D1S"

·
Registered
42 Posts
What about when you push the stalk? Hi Beams on all the time?
Same thing. The outer headlights britghten, but the inners always remain as angel eyes, though it looks like there is a bulb in the center of them. I tried all of the positions for the light switch and they never illuminate.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Take the last read of the LMA, or read it again. Change the following

BI_XENON_BEI_LH
aktiv to nicht_aktiv

That should make your inner bulbs become the flash to pass AND cornering lights without changing anything else. The always on hi beams will remain the outer Bi-Xenons

Report back

·
Registered
42 Posts
Take the last read of the LMA, or read it again. Change the following

BI_XENON_BEI_LH
aktiv to nicht_aktiv

That should make your inner bulbs become the flash to pass AND cornering lights without changing anything else. The always on hi beams will remain the outer Bi-Xenons

Report back
Nope. The inners don't flash, so now I have no flash to pass and no cornering lights.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Very puzzling. For now put that last change back. Is there any iDrive menu in lighting for Angel Eyes, Cornering lights. Im assuming yo have a CIC (one dvd slot not two), vs. the CAPPL module which has two. If you have the one with two slots, check your lighting options in the iDRive settings menu. Those inner lights are either AE's by factory or brights (flash to pass). They aren't there for show thats for sure.

Wondering if someone monkeyed with this before your purchase. Im assuming you're second owner?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Very puzzling. For now put that last change back. Is there any iDrive menu in lighting for Angel Eyes, Cornering lights. Im assuming yo have a CIC (one dvd slot not two), vs. the CAPPL module which has two. If you have the one with two slots, check your lighting options in the iDRive settings menu. Those inner lights are either AE's by factory or brights (flash to pass). They aren't there for show thats for sure.

Wondering if someone monkeyed with this before your purchase. Im assuming you're second owner?
Second owner. I have a CIC, 1 DVD slot. Nothing in the idrive menu about angel eyes or cornering lights. I'll reverse the change back and do some research on whether the inners are strickly AE's. They aren't highbeams and they don't flash.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Strange. I don't remember what function those inner bulbs are used for on a 2010 stock. Clearly the have to serve some function. Maybe a 2010 owner can chime in. That's absolutely why they're not coming on as cornering lights. They're not active at all. Your lat file mirrors mine other than the last flash to pass file. I'll check with some locals. You do same.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts