BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp:

Went to DMV today to renew license registration, and got denied. My tap expires on Monday 10/22/07 as well. Got denied for "emission recall# 06EA04". Anyone who exactly what I need to do? Need smog check? (hope not). Since I currently run straight pipe(not 2nd cat) and planning to get headers incoming week, the worst place I want to visit is smog station. DMV said I need to bring the car back to any dealer to get proof of correction certificate. Why didn't I get any recall letter from the dealer? I have to find out myself in last minute. My car was May 06 built, and I never receive any recall letter????????????

Any idea what will be done for "emission recall?"

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Yeah, I think all California's must get this fixed. I had mine done about
a year ago. It has to do with non-compliant ODB-II fault codes. It's
been said that whatever BMW did to "fix" this actually made it worse
however it's still manditory.

Look on the top of page 2 you'll see what it's about:

www.epa.gov/otaq/cert/recall/420b07003.pdf

I learned about this because I wanted to get the Autoenginuity speedtracer
tool but found that it won't work with our cars specifically due to this
recall.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I think all California's must get this fixed. I had mine done about
a year ago. It has to do with non-compliant ODB-II fault codes. It's
been said that whatever BMW did to "fix" this actually made it worse
however it's still manditory.

Look on the top of page 2 you'll see what it's about:

www.epa.gov/otaq/cert/recall/420b07003.pdf

I learned about this because I wanted to get the Autoenginuity speedtracer
tool but found that it won't work with our cars specifically due to this
recall.
Thanks for head-up. One thing I still don't understand, why didn't I get a letter through the mail? Good news is I will have this done before my headers/aftermarket ecu, otherwise I might have to pay for re-flash ecu fee. Can I also get an oil change even though I have only 14,200mi? So, I will not have to see dealer again for awhile, just hate them to death.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, definitely good timing. Had my oil changed this week
at 13.2k miles. Definitely didn't want to get this done post
headers. Not sure if they would be hard-asses or not.
Even I'm running with no 2nd cat, still worry about the dealer. Some can be very PITA.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Ok Californians... How sad, Tree Huggers are getting their way...So when is the Move to a State that's so incredibly crooked anything gets by ???

Come, Come to Massachusetts...land of headers and "NO" cats at all !! hiha.........................

.............................. :2: ............................................

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok Californians... How sad, Tree Huggers are getting their way...So when is the Move to a State that's so incredibly crooked anything gets by ???

Come, Come to Massachusetts...land of headers and "NO" cats at all !! hiha.........................

Sunny clear sky in the low 80s today. I'm thinking about going to the beach. Now, beat that :1::1:

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Massachusetts or California, people with a little color in their skin or who look translucent. Speak spanglish or with that odd accent? Whaird I pork th caaaar.... :D

I don't know UFH, thats tough! I might to need to stick around So Cal for a while. Due to this global warming phenomena, I'm hanging by the beach, (in 80 degree weather by the way on, what, October 20!) so I can be the first to see the lonely polar bear floating by on a piece of ice cap from the North Pole cherrsagai

P.S. I should move back to Hawaii, but there's really no room to let the car out :wroom: and my car will rust to hell :haha:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts

MASS RULES!!! you forgot to mention NO EARTHQUAKES here either...

Actually the only $hitty thing about MASS is the stupid excise tax which I think is the only state left who does still have this stupid tax... correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
BD 997 -Good Point! :M5thumbs: No attempt to joke there, knock on wood (or head) ouich

Kenny -This is partialy why I shying away from major exhaust mod. I worry of after effects and warranty issues. But good luck and keep us posted, I hope it all works out for the best. It sucks that they need the car through Wednesday :grrrrr:

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BD 997 -Good Point! :M5thumbs: No attempt to joke there, knock on wood (or head) ouich

Kenny -This is partialy why I shying away from major exhaust mod. I worry of after effects and warranty issues. But good luck and keep us posted, I hope it all works out for the best. It sucks that they need the car through Wednesday :grrrrr:

DIdn't mean to scare your mod bug.:eek:oohhh:

I didn't leave my there, instead went to different dealer and schedule on Tuesday. No loaner car, so I insist to wait for DME reflash and 15k service. Hopefully, it will done in a day. Can't wait to get over. Dealer said if I didn't buy a car there, no loaner car. is it normal?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
DIdn't mean to scare your mod bug.:eek:oohhh:

I didn't leave my there, instead went to different dealer and schedule on Tuesday. No loaner car, so I insist to wait for DME reflash and 15k service. Hopefully, it will done in a day. Can't wait to get over. Dealer said if I didn't buy a car there, no loaner car. is it normal?
I had the same problem with my M3's. If you don't go to the dealer that you took delivery of the car from, they tend not to provide a loaner. I buy my cars through a broker, so dealer location is not always convenient. Certainly will not go to the Dealer I picked up my car from. Surely you have read my rants about the BMW Dealer in Monrovia, A**hole or something. Yeah, they drove my car for 14 unaccounted for miles during my 1,200 mile service. Every chance I get, I will remind people. Sorry, I got off track ouich

Some on the board have found dealers that do work with M owners. Not sure if there is any in the San Diego area.

Again, good luck!

cherrsagai

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
...they drove my car for 14 unaccounted for miles during my 1,200 mile service. Every chance I get, I will remind people. Sorry, I got off track ouich

cherrsagai
THat what I worried about. Don't want a be a fool and let someone else took it out for a spin.

IMO, 15k service and DME reflash shouldn't take more than a day. This morning I went to BMW of San DIego, SA told me they have to wait couple day for sw to be sent, and million of M5 owner wait to be re-flash, that why it take 2-3days.:deal:. I'm not very smart, but not that stupid to believe flashing couple KB of memory will take couple days.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
2-3 days is ridiculous. Not sure what they are talking about.
From my understanding it does take a while to upload software
for some reason...but it's on the order of an hour or two. Oil
change doesn't take that long.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
You know guys, last month I had to have my M3 reflashed and they said it was an all day gig. I don't get why either:dunno:

DinodealM5, are you throwing down with Massa...chu......settssssss :hihi:

I feel like Cartmen on South Park, fight, fight!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts