BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys - yesterday I blew an oil line that attaches to the oil pressure accumulator on my 00 m5 - the car had to be towed to the shop as it was pissing oil everywhere, and I was told today that the part is not in stock in Canada and will be 2 weeks to ship from Germany!!

the part number is 11361407878 i was wondering if anyone could give me contact information to the USA warehouse or somewhere that I could contact to try to get the part overnight from either the US or Germany as I can't afford to be out of a car for 2 weeks and I'd rather not have to get a rental

Any help is much appreciated - thanks in advance!!

***IF ANYONE CAN TRACK DOWN THIS PART FOR ME AND CAN GET IT OVERNIGHTED I WILL PAY YOU FOR YOUR TIME VIA PAYPAL***

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've called BMW USA and this part is not in stock within the USA anywhere - I was told that it is not in stock in Germany either

it's just an oil line to the pressure accumulator - any help would be appreciated as I'm at a loss of what to do

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may want to call a local salvage yard or contact any of the folks on this board that are parting out their cars in the for sale section of this board.
thanks for that - I can't seem to find anyone that is selling the small part as most are selling the engine as a whole from what i can see - i will keep looking though!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
12,952 Posts
try to find a hydraulic (truck, tractor) line fabricator. Take the old one to them and see if they can make one.
+1. They do these all the time. The need the old hose to make sure they position the ends properly, especially if it has any curvature to the hose.

I will check my Audi boards, I think there is one in Seattle that has a 24 hour turn around time.
Regards,
Jerry

P.S. Here it is: Spokane House of Hose, very good results with people on Audifans. They spoke to Jay, have no idea if he is still there.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
+1. They do these all the time. The need the old hose to make sure they position the ends properly, especially if it has any curvature to the hose.

I will check my Audi boards, I think there is one in Seattle that has a 24 hour turn around time.
Regards,
Jerry

P.S. Here it is: Spokane House of Hose, very good results with people on Audifans. They spoke to Jay, have no idea if he is still there.
Thanks everyone for the help - I went around and ended up just ordering the part from Germany as the one custom job that we tried didn't end up working - I've never even heard of this part blowing - but I guess theres a first for everything :dunno:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Can you post a photo of the hose??

There is a broken S62 about 30 miles from me. I just bought a part off it. Maybe they will have the hose you need. No promises.. but maybe.:dunno:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you post a photo of the hose??

There is a broken S62 about 30 miles from me. I just bought a part off it. Maybe they will have the hose you need. No promises.. but maybe.:dunno:
in this diagram, its number 10

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DE93&mospid=47592&btnr=11_2699&hg=11&fg=15

thanks in advance!!! I can't get a photo cause we the part was chopped up to try to make a temp fix until the replacement came in - but its a braided stainless steel hose coming off of the pressure accumulator as the diagram shows

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
in this diagram, its number 10

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DE93&mospid=47592&btnr=11_2699&hg=11&fg=15

thanks in advance!!! I can't get a photo cause we the part was chopped up to try to make a temp fix until the replacement came in - but its a braided stainless steel hose coming off of the pressure accumulator as the diagram shows
It could be possible they could have it. I won't be able to find out untill morning though. They are closed right now. I will call them for you and let you know tomorrow.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It could be possible they could have it. I won't be able to find out untill morning though. They are closed right now. I will call them for you and let you know tomorrow.
you are the man - if they have it I will pay you for your time and effort, thanks so much!!!

let me know as soon as you can!!! :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts